Title: Logistics Supervisor
Department: Shipping Department
Reports to: Director of Distribution
FLSA Status: Exempt
Primary responsibilities are to insure timely and accurate shipments to all customers by following customer routing/shipping guides. Ensuring cost effective services when Camisasca is responsible for the cost and/or as needed. Provides support to Assembly Dept., Receiving and Inventory Control as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares shipments for small parcel or commercial conveyance; confirms customerrequirements using the OEM and Aftermarket Shipping Guides; determines most economical and efficient shipping method when required; packs and/or palletizes items to ensure safe delivery by following established procedures.
- Prepares bills of lading and/or processes shipments on the UPS/FedEx shipping computer; checks items to be shipped against Routing Guides and sales orders to ascertain that quantities, destination, and routing are correct.
- Schedules shipment pickups with trucking companies and freight forwarders following standard procedures based on the weekly shipment schedules.
- Shrink-wrap pallets per Work Instruction, take photographs of all palatalized product per Work Instruction.
- Create and apply all required stickers, labels and shipping documents as directed by Supervisor/Manager per Customer requirements and/or Camisasca protocol.
- Organize palatalized product awaiting shipping. Inventory/organize pallets, heat treated and standard, as directed.
- Provides freight quotes to internal customers when necessary.
- Monitors all outbound/inbound shipments for exceptions and takes appropriate actions when necessary
- Provides support to Receiving; unloads incoming materials and compares information on packing slip with purchase order to verify accuracy of shipment following established procedures.
- Reviews all internal communications daily. E-mails, SharePoint etc.…
- Reviews/maintains documented department work instructions and flow charts per ISO requirements when necessary.
- Keep electric pallet mover charged, keep rotating pallet stacker organized and pneumatically filled.
- Operate dolly, pallet jack, and/or forklift in loading and unloading shipments.
- Updates Shipping Log daily in SharePoint.
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety requirements.
- Keep work space clean and organized.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE:
- High school diploma or GED; at least 3 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- Records maintenance skills
- Ability to speak, understand, read, and write English
- Ability to understand and maintain quality and safety procedures
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic
- Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel
- Ability to lift, carry and manipulate up to 50 lb. objects throughout the day
- Ability to push, pull, bend, and reach above shoulder level
- Ability to stand/walk up to 8 hours a day
- Ability to load and unload material from trucks
- Indoor/Outdoor warehouse environment
- Finger dexterity is required to operate a computer keyboard
- Knowledge of UPS WorldShip/FedEx Ship Manager software and commercial shipping methods, procedures and related documents such as bills of ladings, commercial invoices for international etc.
- Forklift Certified
- Beginner to intermediate knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook