IDEMIA is looking for a temporary legal specialist and project coordinator to support work in consolidation of legal entities and legal name change initiatives. Project Management experience will be critical for success.
This person will “project manage” several legal integration initiatives and serve as the principal point of contact for all initial communications with third parties (e.g., vendors, customers).
This role will provide administrative and substantive legal support to corporate Legal Counsel.
Essential Job Functions (includes but is not limited to):
- Project management of consequentials associated with legal name change and legal entity consolidation activities
- Serve as the primary point of contact for external vendors and customers, fielding and responding to their questions in a professional and timely manner
- Project planning, scheduling, and coordination on behalf of lead Legal Counsel for the initiative
- With assistance from corporate Legal Counsel, determine the appropriate internal and external subject matter experts for each initiative, and reroute particular issues to SMEs as needed
- Work closely with IDEMIA's Legal and Integration teams on legal name change and legal entity consolidation activities as assigned
Note: In addition to the Essential Functions, also performs similar work-related duties as assigned.Required Skills:
- Ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Concrete understanding of corporate governance models
- Ability to determine the applicable level of urgency
- Knowledge of legal compliance and administration
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with personnel of diverse backgrounds and varying levels of the organization
- Accountable for meeting deadlines, or for providing timely feedback when dates cannot be met
- Must respect the importance of confidentiality, given that the position will be in the legal department and will require access to highly confidential and sensitive information
- Excellent skills in: writing, listening, problem-solving, organization, and research
- Must be extremely detail-oriented, skilled at multi-tasking, self-motivated and able to follow through on instructions
- Project Management experience (5+ years)
- PMI Certification is a plus
- Substantive experience with and working knowledge of Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A), corporate restructuring
- Exposure to a variety of corporate governance models
- Any combination of education and experience that would enable performance of the full scope of the position
- Proficient knowledge, experience, and skills using Microsoft Office software applications (e.g., Excel, Word)
- Familiarity with computer applications utilized for legal research and organization
Travel Requirement, Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed.
- General office environment: the work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated.
- Office environment where the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. Some walking, standing, bending, reaching, and carrying of light items such as papers, books, small parts; driving an automobile, etc. Requires eye-hand
coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, and other office equipment.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
IDEMIA is an equal opportunity employer.
We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.