Operates various conventional and/or numerically controlled machining centers on semi-complex jobs. Works from blueprints, sketches, planning sheets, verbal instructions, and/or engineering, tooling, or equipment information. Contributes to lean initiatives to increase productivity and reduce costs. Works with limited guidance in a team environment.
1. Three years related machining experience. Able to work with limited guidance in a team environment.
2. Able to make machine set ups.
3. Reads and follows blueprints, specifications, and verbal instructions.
4. Has working knowledge of machine shop mathematics, may include trigonometry.
5. Able to effectively apply lean initiatives.
6. Demonstrates effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, as well as the ability to work in a team environment.
7. Inteprets reports and uses job specific software applications. Able to use employee self-service systems to access on-line information and use specialized automated systems (i.e., PMR, TORS, e-mail).