Responsible for efficient and effective planning and scheduling of resources to conduct maintenance activities for minimum downtime and maximum productivity. Manages and coordinates employees responsible for setting up, installing, repairing, maintaining equipment, and in fabricating metal parts and tools. Manage maintenance activities such as repairs, installation of machinery, and facility structures. Oversee Compliance with company standards and procedures ensuring safe quality food is produced, within a sanitary environment, and established time schedule. Responsible for completing required reports/paperwork.
- Liaison between maintenance and operations departments.
- Formulate and maintain annual Maintenance Budget
- Ensure professional maintenance in a timely manner to ensure high equipment availability and performance.
- Review planned work requests and set priorities.
- Source and order all MRO parts and supplies and maintain adequate parts inventory .
- Review work request for accuracy and clarity
- Identifies work requiring engineering design, detail timeline and materials
- Assure safety is the highest priority.
- Prioritize work orders, downtime, and necessary lead times.
- Oversee maintenance resource schedule and coordinate resources with maintenance, production, outside services and engineering.
- Follow up with supervisors and leads to ensure that completed work records are turned in with comments.
- Manage work orders which require major or significant portion of the facility to be shutdown.
- Continuously improve job estimate, planning and scheduling coordinating with supervisors, leads, production supervisors, engineers and production planners.
- Associate degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school;
- Ability to read and interpret safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Experience with materials, methods, terminology, equipment and tools used in maintenance and repair of equipment and systems including those used in performing plumbing, heating, electrical, mechanical and painting work.
- Principles of supervision, training and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of pertinent local, state and federal laws, ordinances, codes and rules.
- Experience with food and pharmaceutical manufacturing a plus
- Knowledge and understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles preferred.