For over 45 years, Coastal Urology Associates has been committed to providing the highest quality medical services in a compassionate and caring environment.
We are seeking a professional full-time Medical Assistant. The Medical Assistant is responsible for providing clinical and administrative support to the physicians in the office to ensure the health and safety of our patients. Candidate must be able to multi-task in a fast paced work environment.
- Manage rooming and patient flow including pre-visit preparation, assisting with the patient visit, and post-visit duties.
- Administer injections
- Prepare patient charts
- Reports test results as directed by the physician
- Perform patient tests with accuracy and document results in EMR
- Handle patient correspondences
- Check patient information for accuracy and update latest information
- Insert and remove catheters
- Conduct Bladder scans and Urine cultures
- Scan and index lab and radiology results as required
- Setup procedure trays when necessary
- Providing answers to patient/physicians and pharmacy calls
- Keep examine rooms neat, clean and stocked. Maintain an inventory of supplies for ordering.
- Follow proper infection control protocols
- Assist with front office activities and varied scheduling tasks
- Maintains business office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; scheduling equipment service and repairs as directed
- Helps patients in distress by responding to emergencies
- Protects patients' rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Keep nursing area neat and in order at all times
- Maintain communication with all Coastal Urology staff and Practice Manager
- Travel to appropriate office as assigned by Practice Manger
- Additional duties as needed
Multi-tasking, Flexibility, Telephone Skills, Customer Service, Time Management, Organization, Attention to Detail, Scheduling, Word Processing, Professionalism, Quality Focus
WE OFFER A COMPETITIVE SALARY AND COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE. FOR CONSIDERATION, PLEASE FORWARD YOUR CONFIDENTIAL RESUME TO:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.