Growing residential general contractor seeking a ground-up MEP Project Manager.
Established residential general contractor with strong pipeline of work in New York City and surrounding areas.
MEP Project Manager Responsibilities:
* Scheduling of all MEP trade related activities, coordinated with the overall project schedule requirements thru the use of CPM, bar chart, short interval and micro schedules.
* Assisting the project executive in working with all departments including estimating, scheduling, procurement, labor relations, finance, accounting and other services as required.
* Working in conjunction with the General Project Superintendent to supervise the activities of the MEP Project Superintendents.
* Trade procurement, including the development of bid packages, bid analysis, leveling & scope review and the preparation of trade subcontracts.
* Organize and facilitate coordination of trade installation drawings.
* Interface with the Owner and Design Consultants facilitate the timely resolution of open design issues and changes.
* Monitor and track trade requests for information (RFIs).
* Develop and track material, equipment and shop drawings by use or submittal schedules and material and equipment status reports.
* Coordinate all work related to the local authorities and local utilities
* Assessment of subcontractor extra work orders.
* Well versed in building and construction
MEP Project Manager Qualifications:
* Degree required; preferably in one of the following disciplines: Engineering, Construction Management, Engineering + Management, Architecture, other related fields or experience.
* The candidate should excel at organization, team development and problem solving.
* The ideal person will have strong communication and multi-tasking skills as well as advanced knowledge in contracting, construction management, design, procurement, and scheduling.
* Should have experience managing multiple projects.
* Must have MEP certification.
* Larger project experience required (+$50M).
* Hotel experience a plus.
- Competitive base salary
- Bonus Incentive
- Strong benefits