Magna International is one of the largest automotive suppliers in the world - We are committed to delivering product and process innovations through our world-class manufacturing operations that combine our unique design, engineering and program management expertise. At the heart of our operating structure is a powerful entrepreneurial culture and Fair Enterprise philosophy, which builds ownership and inspires pride in our employees. Magna Global IT is a provider of reliable and innovative IT solutions to assist Magna in succeeding globally.
The MES Analyst is responsible for ensuring that Manufacturing Execution System (MES) projects meet the business requirements of the business owners and documenting the requirements appropriately; communicating with the project team.
We are looking for 2 MES Analysts for the location (Holland, Michigan).
- Manage manufacturing solutions projects.
- Manage resources, cost and time of a project.
- Assist in conducting research on software and hardware products to meet agreed upon requirements and to support purchasing efforts.
- Collaborate with business sponsors to document business requirements.
- 1st and 2nd level support of existing MES solutions; coordination of 3rd level support.
- System monitoring
- Continuous improvement of MES solutions and processes.
- Collaborate with the user community to gather, confirm and document user requirements.
- Collaborate with the user community to define and map (document) business processes, both current and future.
- Analyze and assess business processes to identify efficiencies.
- Assist in the research of third party tools to support a build versus buy decision.
- Assist in defining software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
- Consistently write, translate, code, and document software programs and applications according to specifications using supported languages and technologies.
- Design, run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing systems for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement and general debugging.
- Develop and maintain user manuals and guidelines for software applications.
- Train end users to operate new or modified software applications.
- Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Recommend, schedule and perform software improvements and upgrades.
- Assist in the design, creation and performance tuning of relational databases to support applications.
- Continuously challenge past practices by actively exploring and implementing new solutions and methodologies to improve the quality and time to market of our product and services to the company.
- Other duties as required.
Knowledge and Education
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or software engineering, and/or equivalent work experience.
- In-depth, hands-on experience with various development technologies.
- 5+ years' experience with relation database technologies.
Skills and Competencies
- Good analytical skills and ability to work with customer oriented teams in a global environment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, facilitation and organizational skills.
- Flexible, independent team player in a high-pressure environment with changing priorities.
- Creative problem solving abilities with attention to detail.
- Normal amount of sitting or standing, average mobility to move around an office environment, able to conduct normal amount of work at a computer.
- Some local and/or international travel may be required up to 25%.
For dedicated and motivated employees, we offer an interesting and diversified job within a dynamic global team together with the individual and functional development in a professional environment of a global acting business. Fair treatment and a sense of responsibility towards employees are the principle of the Magna culture. We strive to offer an inspiring and motivating work environment.
We offer attractive benefits (e.g. employee profit participation program) and a salary which is in line with market conditions depending on your skills and experience.