The Sr IT engineer under the guidance of the architect, partners with customers and provides a key role in helping to lead projects and in designing solutions. The successful candidate will help to maintain in-depth subject matter expertise and domain knowledge. The ideal candidate is an experienced Messaging/MQ Engineer who has a track record of implementing core products on a large, corporate scale in a complex security environment and enjoys working in a competent, strong team.
Top 3 skill sets: MA in Mainframe environment, Queue sharing, MQ clustering. Needs a senior level person to come in and hit the ground running.
- Provide Business and product support for MQ in large Mainframe environment.
- 24x7 Support (as required) along with Triage and Vendor problem management, performance monitoring and tuning
- Expert in defining and modifying MQ configurations such as queues, clusters, listener ports, channels, pub/sub
- Create and tune monitors and alerts for messaging
- Perform maintenance activities such as patching and upgrades
- Capture, document, analyze and comprehend requirements.
- Design, document, develop, deploy, maintain and operate bi-directional integrations with corporate systems
- In depth knowledge of WebSphere MQ on the mainframe environment.
- Queue Sharing
- MQ clustering
- Experience with upgrade, patching, monitoring and maintenance.
- General scripting experience (perl,shell..)
- Experience with change management
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 8-12 years' experience with MQ
- Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions. . Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to define and develop customized solutions that meet business requirements. Demonstrated ability to prioritize work load and meet project deadlines. Analytical, excellent communications, quick learner, self-starter. Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions.
- Strong customer service focus. Familiarity with health care or PBM industry very helpful Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines. Ability to contribute ideas to extend and enhance methodology in a synergistic manner.
- Working knowledge of networking: TCP/IP, and familiarity with firewalls, hubs, routers, switches, DNS, gateways, load balancing and basic network analysis/troubleshooting.
Find Us on Facebook!
Follow Us on Twitter!
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Beacon Hill Technologies, a premier National Information Technology Staffing Group, provides world class technology talent across all industries on a contract, direct (permanent), contract-to-direct and project basis. Beacon Hill Technologies' dedicated team of recruiting and staffing experts consistently delivers quality IT professionals to solve our customers' technical and business needs.
Beacon Hill Technologies covers a broad spectrum of IT positions, including Project Management and Business Analysis, Programming/Development, Database, Infrastructure, Quality Assurance, Production/Support and ERP roles.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Pharma and Beacon Hill Technologies by visiting www.beaconhillstaffing.com.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future™