At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. Memorial Care stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family of medical centers, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
The MRI Technologist II performs routine-to-complex diagnostic procedures in the MemorialCare Imaging Center to produce quality images of anatomical structures for interpretation by a radiologist. He/she provides patient care, in accordance with departmental policy, under the direction of a radiologist and reports to the departmental Lead MRI Technologist. Assists in delegating imaging amongst the staff to ensure efficient patient flow. Actively participates in identifying and implementing improvements to departmental policies and procedures.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Proficiently operates various MRI scanners without requiring constant supervision. Obtains imaging for patients of all ages, as contractually agreed. Possesses working knowledge of basic sterile procedure and nursing skills.
- Performs imaging procedures to meet guidelines of diagnostically acceptable quality according to department protocol, including advanced post-processing procedures related to patient scanning. Modifies and adapts scanning parameters according to MRI radiologist's specific need.
- Records accurate entries in scan logbooks and properly documents patient data in various radiology information systems.
- Assists in maintaining supply inventory. Restocks expendable supplies and notifies appropriate personnel when supply levels run low.
- Operates various power injectors for MRI, as well as patient physiologic monitoring devices including: EKG, pulse gating, blood pressure, end tidal CO2, and others.
- Initiates service calls for technical issues concerning scanners, patient monitoring systems, and other equipment vital to patient scanning. Reports equipment malfunctions to appropriate personnel. Maintains ancillary equipment (computers, disc drives, and software) and makes necessary system upgrades and protocol revisions.
- Takes emergency call in accordance with hospital contract, MRI call policy, and departmental procedure. Performs duties of MRI tech assistant as required in the event of assistant's absence.
- Ensures patient safety per MRI coil placement and by instructing medical personnel as needed. Transports hospital patients when necessary and participates in patient flow process to ensure that patients are seen in a timely and efficient manner.
- Minimum of 2 years MRI experience in an acute care facility or Advanced Certification in MR issued by the ARRT
- Must have knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy and circulatory system.
- Must have basic knowledge of magnets, cryogenic gases, radio frequencies, and magnetic resonance physics.
- Previous supervisory experience in CT scanning, MRI, ultrasound, or cardiac catheterization lab is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of picture archiving and communication system (PACS) and related medical imaging technology is preferred.
- Graduate of accredited school of MRI Medical Technology.
- Must have Advanced Certification in MR issued by the AART.
- American Heart Association issued BLS required.