MS SQL-DBA / Developer / Analyst
About the Job
Duration: Long term contract
Location: Greenville, SC
Pay rate: Hourly
Job ID: GVLSQL
Datasoft Technologies, Inc. is seeking a MS SQL-DBA / Developer / Analyst for a client in Greenville, SC . We're seeking a self-starting, resourceful and passionate individual with 10+ years of MS SQL Server application and database development experience. Ideal candidates will have strong T-SQL skills, Business Intelligence experience, and a good understanding of Data-Integration techniques to support and enhance our in-house data systems and consuming applications which are utilized by our global users.. Participate in all phases of development of transactional and data warehouse system projects from definition and design through implementation, debugging, testing, deployment and support, ensuring application schemas and development are optimal and consistent across all solutions.
• Perform technical design, development, testing and implementation of SQL Server based applications utilizing industry and company specific development standards procedures and techniques that support the defined requirements. Ensure that standards for database performance, availability and security are being met.
• Implement complex business logic using functions, complex stored procedures and triggers to support application development.
• Develop queries, stored procedures, views, triggers, and other database objects to support internally hosted applications.
• Analyze database applications/queries/stored procedures/indexes and implement improvements to optimize performance.
• Work closely and diligently with the product development team to proactively review and optimize/tune database code and performance for overall application performance.
• Flag and resolve data issues, and solve data problems by interpreting SQL stored procedures that update our databases, and by analyzing/validating the data in our databases.
• Create well-written, clear, concise and accurate document artifacts including functional specifications, mapping documents process diagrams test plans and test scripts for the purposes of data warehouse construction, report development, verification etc.
• Develop system documentation for all developed applications databases, processes, and jobs, including flowcharts and data models. Help maintain architecture and process flow diagrams for data systems.
• Develop best practices for database design and development activities.
• Cross train with other organization's DBA's to support other applications and systems.
• Work collaboratively with application developers and project leaders in defining, designing, developing and implementing technology solutions to improve business functions
• Highly motivated individual able to grasp complex products, technologies, tools or knowledge and learn quickly
• Experience with the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
• Strong understanding of how to maximize SQL Server application scalability, performance, recoverability, and maintainability.
• Familiarity with RDBMS principles, database design and normalization.
• Demonstrated experience with large scale database design and development on the Microsoft SQL Server platforms including normalization techniques, ETL, writing stored procedures, performance tuning etc
• Solid understanding of SQL Server locking, indexing and error handling, and basic administration tasks.
• Deep experience with stored procedures and ad-hoc query development, nested SQL queries, indexes, joins, foreign key constraints, triggers and functions.
• Experience with Microsoft languages and technologies, including Team Foundation Server.
• Ability to work in a collaborative, dynamic team environment and interact at all levels to ensure reliability, availability, scalability, and performance of applications.
• Ability to design solutions and accurately estimate level of effort and completion dates
• Ability to work well and multi-task in a team environment where development is a collaborative effort
• Ability to scale through process-driven disciplines
• Ability to produce valuable/usable documentation through various software tools
• Very high attention to detail
• Committed to service excellence, collaboration and added value
• Proactive; takes initiative; is results-oriented (asks why?), and proposes solutions!
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Minimum 10 years of on-the-job DBA experience with demonstrated comprehensive understanding of relational databases and the data in them.
• Strong T-SQL skills and with SQL Server 2014 and 2016
• Strong understanding of database modeling and data management
• Experience with design and development of rules engines is highly desired
• SQL Server Reporting Services
• SQL Server Analysis Services
• SQL Server Integration Services
About our Company
DataSoft Technologies is a highly recognized provider of professional IT Consulting services in the US. Founded in 1994, DataSoft Technologies, Inc. provides staff augmentation services for Information Technology and Automotive Services. Our team member benefits include:
• Paid Holidays/Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Medical/Dental Insurance
• Group Accident/Critical Illness Insurance
• Life Insurance
• 401 (K)