Job ID: 136920
Meadow Burke, a CRH company, is a premier manufacturer and distributor for the concrete construction industry. For more than seven decades, we have served architects, engineers, and contractors with a superior line of concrete reinforcing products, concrete forming accessories, road and bridge products, and industry leading products for precast and tilt-up construction.
The Machine Operators work at a fast pace on an assembly line that requires precision. A Machine Operator is exposed to chemicals, loud noises, and equipment that is both automated and manual. Operators are expected to follow employee safety standards by adhering to the company, environmental and Occupational Safety and Health (OSHA) regulations.
- Responsible for producing, inspecting and preparing product to customer supplied specifications by operating a variety of production machinery
- Reads drawing and BOM’s to determine machine adjustments and material requirements
- Observes machine operation to detect product defects or machine malfunction
- Performs routine machine maintenance
- Positions and adjusts fixtures, attachments, or workpiece on the machine, using hand tools and measuring devices
- Inspects metal workpiece to ensure specifications are met, using measuring devices
- Set up machines and any other necessary task to adhere to deadlines and completion of product
- Makes certain all housekeeping is maintained in a clear and orderly fashion in assigned area
- Enforces quality standards and procedures, responds quickly to quality concerns and complies with documentation requirements
- Manages time effectively and strives to contain and reduce waste
- Must safely operate a pallet jack
- Complies with safety regulations, promotes workplace safety and reports all unsafe acts or equipment to Production Supervisor
- Packages finished material
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of 1 year of experience operating machinery
- Ability to use simple measuring tools, such as calipers, measuring tape, scales, etc.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and multiply, divide with 10’s and 100’s
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American weight measurement, volume, and distance
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
- This job requires walking, bending and standing to a significant degree and lifting up to 45 pounds
- Use hands and reach with hands and arms
- Frequently required to talk or hear
- Occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, bend, crouch, or crawl
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception
- Subject to external weather conditions (i.e. humid conditions, heat or cold)
- Exposed to moving mechanical parts
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles
- Risk of electrical shock and vibration
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Meadow Burke, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.