A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: Performs a variety of equipment operating and adjusting duties such as assembling, mixing, cleaning, welding, bonding, inspecting, testing, labeling, packaging, etc. to fabricate and process products to meet high quality specifications following prescribed procedures. Working from verbal and written instructions may use a variety of equipment including welders, hot air guns, scales, bonders, fillers, simple test equipment and other related supplies. May use measuring instruments to ensure conformance to specified tolerance disassembles precision assemblies and corrects malfunctions. Makes accept/reject decisions, taking corrective action where possible.
Assignments are moderately complex, where judgment is required in solving problems and making recommendations. May involve choosing from two or more pre-defined alternative courses of action. Works under general supervision, with some instruction given for routine work and detailed instructions for new types of work or special projects. Requires basic knowledge of how the team is organized and how own tasks relate to the others in the team/ unit. Impacts team performance through reliability and accuracy of own work. Shift 2B: Thursdays 7pm to 1am and Monday through Wednesday 7pm to 7:30am with occasional overtime.
Who You Are:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- Ability to read, follow and understand operating procedures.
- Ability to read, speak and understand English.
- Capable of doing basic math and counting to large numbers without error.
- Willingness to learn multiple production operations and adjust quickly to new tasks.
- Needs to be able to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally to report production information.
- Capable of working a full shift at a designated operation within the assigned manufacturing area
- Sufficient computer related skills to perform data entry and print reports.
- Works under close supervision at first and demonstrates the potential to work with less supervision over time.
- Essential Job Requirements: Standing/reaching/bending/twisting/being able to lift 35 lbs
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.