Maintenance Managers - Tired of 24/7 Hours and Nights?
Are you looking to work in a company that is pushing the edge of Advanced Manufacturing Technology? Are you looking to work with a forward thinking, product-focused business led by a strong team of engineering-focused leadership? The position of Shop Lead for Acquire Automation will support the activities necessary to build, test and ship custom equipment for our customers in industrial manufacturing and packaging.
You will organize the daily activities of our team of professional custom automation equipment build technicians and work with them on the floor to ensure that projects are completed and ready for testing on schedule. You will work on the shop floor, assisting in the build process for electrical panel and equipment assembly, generally requiring automation and machine vision.
- Running, organizing and overseeing our assembly shop.
- Ordering supplies as needed.
- Organizing projects and carts for the assembly space and for high visibility projects.
- Maintaining the cleanliness and order of the assembly area through organization of self and technician team.
- Ensuring that proper tools are available for assembly and wiring tasks.
- Ordering equipment as needed.
- Maintaining Tool Tracking software system maintenance.
- Managing Electromechanical Technicians in the shop.
- Managing all aspects of the facility, including HVAC, internet, plumbling, etc.) including coordination of vendors.
- Oversee shipping and receiving including packing, skidding, crating of customer projects and show systems and preparing pre-shipment documentation verification for systems.
- Manage shop inventory for internal builds, shop materials and sub-assemblies.
- Perform monthly shop inspections.
Qualified candidates will possess a minimum of a high school diploma. Additional electro-mechanical skills training is a plus. Additional qualifications should include:
- 5+ years' experience in automated equipment manufacturing.
- Technical understanding and experience with automated equipment for manufacturing.
- Experience and ability to read, trace and troubleshoot equipment design and start-up mechanical, P&ID (piping and instrument) and facility drawings.
- Experience with Kanban, shop operations and inventory management.
- Light manufacturing experience.
- Experience conducting safety risk assessments.
- Proficiency with MS Office products.
- Experience with shop tools (grinders, drill presses, saws, etc.)
- Demonstrated capacity to make independent sound decisions and manage priorities.
- Business maturity and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively and collaborate with a team.
- Experience and tolerance with high levels of challenge and change.
This position is responsible for the daily supervision of direct supports (electromechanical technicians). Additional leadership capabilities across functions (employees, contractors, OEMs and clients) is required to meet project goals and deadlines.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
This is an exempt, salaried-level professional position where project requirements may require work weeks in excess of 40, and may include some weekends and holidays.
Work is performed at the Clarke office, and PPE is provided and required.
Work is performed in and around operational automated equipment and cabinets in a manufacturing environment which requires standing, crouching, reaching and leaning over to work on and inspect equipment from many angles.
Lifting requirements - Up to 35 pounds per OSHA requirements.