Husky Injection Molding Systems is the leading supplier of injection molding equipment and services to the plastics industry. We design, manufacture and integrate the industry’s most comprehensive range of injection molding equipment, including machines, molds, hot runners, auxiliaries and integrated systems. Our customers are based across every industry in all parts of the works.
Find out more about our dynamic R&D team at Husky IMS just north of Burlington VT! Here we specialize in design, refurb and creation of Hot Runners and Controllers.
In this role you will be responsible for evaluating, developing new products and new technologies for hot runners in a dynamic environment and growing team.
- Convert product definition into concept and design with limited to no guidance
- Contribute to the formulation and/or evaluation of business cases for specific projects
- Work independently and/or as part of a team to evaluate and develop new technologies for hot runner product and manufacturing advancements
- Conduct and review engineering analysis during the design process. i.e. Stress, Thermal, Flow, Lab and Physical testing
- With a scientific approach, evaluate product performance through testing with development lab and possible customer site tests
- Organize and analyze data using statistical tools
- Design of test models, test cells, for the verification and validation of design concepts
- Create, implement and manage development project plans & budget from start to finish including definition, concepting, prototyping, testing and final product implementation phases. Support business commercialization phases
- Project communication throughout the various phases is vital including project kick-off presentations, schedules, design reviews, development updates, risk assessment reports and design rationale documentation
- Experienced CAD user (Unigraphics preferred)
- Strong background and knowledge in mechanical design and stress analysis, fluid dynamics and heat transfer
- Simulation tools (Thermal, structural, CFD)
- Data analytics
- Metrology, tooling practices and a broad manufacturing knowledge is helpful
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook
- Confident, self-starter with good communication skills, both written and oral
- Tenacious problem solving and troubleshooting a must
- Able to function in a demanding environment
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering (B.A.Sc. and/or M.Sc.)
- Experience in hot runner design preferably in new product development a plus
Husky’s United States manufacturing facility is located in Milton, Vermont on a large, beautiful campus located just 30 minutes north of downtown Burlington, Vermont. Features include an onsite cafeteria, open office concept, fitness center, intramural sports activities and clean, state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities with outstanding safety records. We offer a great work environment, competitive total compensation and attractive benefits package.
Husky is an exciting company with tremendous potential. We have a great team and great expectations. If you are attracted to bold goals, believe in uncompromising honesty, support mutual respect, care about environmental responsibility, have a passion for excellence and a desire to make a positive contribution – then we want you to join the Husky team!
Husky Injection Molding Systems is committed to equal opportunity employment and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Husky also values being a great place to work and strives to maintain a safe workplace. Accordingly, Husky conditions all offers of employment on satisfactory completion of background checks. No agency or telephone inquiries please.