Machining and Assembly Maintenance Technician
Well established and Growing metals manufacturer for the automotive industry is seeking a Machining and Assembly Maintenance Technician to join its growing team! The Maintenance Technician provides technical support for all machining and assembly operations, including training of operators in areas of machine adjustment and preventative maintenance. As part of the Operations team, participates in the attainment of department and company goals and demonstrates company’s core operating values through work activities, actions and behaviors. Company is offering an attractive relocation package and temporary living assistance.
- Maintains and repairs production lines and CNC mills and lathes.
- Maintains system discipline within the team, 1) ensures quality process procedures, control plans, work instructions, and setup sheets are properly followed, and 2) leads by example and responds consistently when presented with a problem.
- Utilizes technical skills effectively to:
- Setup of CNC machining fixtures and design of dedicated off-line machine systems.
- Facilitate team problem solving.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Train other team members.
- Collaborate/interact with customers and vendors to solve problems.
- Work with PST groups on various projects such as prototyping, 8-D, etc.
- Responds to breakdown requests by prioritizing workload to meet customers’ needs. Collaborates with shift leader(s) to prioritize requests.
- Ensures requests for services are properly documented to allow efficient ongoing response to customers’ needs.
- Communicates to supervisor and/or other shift leaders to ensure continuity of ongoing projects, repairs, and maintenance.
- Contributes to and supports the existence of a positive work environment through personal involvement by communicating, interacting and behaving in a manner that promotes productive relationships with coworkers, supervisors, customers, and others with whom such relationships are important to the success of company operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 5 years experience in Machining maintenance
- Degree or certificate in related field preferred Experience in troubleshooting and programming PLC's, CNC’s and electronic equipment.
- Demonstrated 480 electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems experience and troubleshooting skills.
- Basic machining skills (milling, grinding and lathe), and welding skills.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and machine control schematics
- Strong mechanical skills.
- Proficient investigative, analytical, problem solving, decision making and process analysis skills, demonstrating the ability to correctly identify problems/issues and their root causes and recommend solutions.
- Ability to look at data, circumstances, and situation at hand and make a decision to solve the problem/issue, while ensuring all required processes, procedures and policies are followed.
- Ability to collaborate/interact with customers and vendors on various issues/problems.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize activities/tasks.
- Ability to work well within a team, with other work areas, and participate in department projects
Salary: $21.00/hr - $32.00/hr