Future Aviation, Inc., a HEICO Corporation (NYSE: HEI) Repair Group facility, located in Southwest Florida, is the largest independent regional airline component MRO facility in the industry. We are currently seeking a Machinist Apprentice to join our team. The Machinist Apprentice uses appropriate equipment such as surface grinder, wire EDM, RO GRINDERS, Milling machines, lathes and other equipment to create and make tooling to match part drawings.
- Read blueprints and use necessary measuring devices to make, or modify existing tooling, tools for new or old job prints.
- Make sure tools are sharpened and tool holders in good working condition before being placed back on shelf or in tool drawers. Repair or requisition replacement parts, tooling or hardware as needed to maintain adequate stock.
- Set up and operate all tool room machines for specific form tool, tap, drills, or holder for grinding.
- Make up set up carts, for any machine upon request providing print is given out in sufficient time to prepare said carts. Use tools that are safe and in good repair.
- Performs typical machine shop and mold press operations to support the shop floor.
- Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Performs prescribed preventative maintenance on machines as required per the P.M. charts.
- Must be able to perform but not limited to the following tasks: milling, turning, drilling, taping, de-burring, molding and all bench operations and inspect.
- Must be familiar with the basic machine functions in order to perform the tasks stated above.
- Maintain proper housekeeping and safety standards i.e., proper use of personal protective equipment.
- Must be able to read and interpret technical data
- Must be able to read and write the English language
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled