Who we are:
Meridian Health Plan is a family-owned, family-operated company of passionate leaders, achievers, and innovators dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our members, our providers and in the healthcare industry.
We provide government-based health plans (Medicare, Medicaid, and the Health Insurance Marketplace) in five different states (Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio).
Our employees work hard, play hard, and give back. Meridian employees enjoy: Happy hours, special events, company sports teams, potlucks, Bagel Fridays, weekly Executive Lunches, and volunteer opportunities.
This position is responsible for all operations of the mailroom. This includes interoffice mail, outgoing mail, and incoming and outgoing deliveries. This position will maintain office supplies and designated equipment to internal asset management system.Responsibilities
- Receive & ship packages
- Ensure shipments quantities match order entered in purchasing system
- Work with Finance on discrepancies of shipments
- Ensure office supplies stock room is organized and inventory is monitored to maintain appropriate levels as needed for company operations
- Administer office supplies to employees as needed
- Add all designated equipment to internal asset management system (WiseTrack) via hand scanner and barcode label
- Maintain inventory of all shipping supplies
- Facilitate return of damaged product to the shipper where applicable
- Provide support to departments on shipments and communicate delivery expectations
- Collaborate with shipping vendors on best practices designed to improve efficiency and reduce cost
- Ensure supplies are ordered timely with an added emphasis on keeping the needed materials stocked appropriately
- Sort and distribute all incoming mail to the correct person/department
- Deliver returned mail to the correct person/department (“Return to Sender”)
- Collect and post all outgoing mail daily
- Collect all interdepartmental mail and deliver to the correct person/department
- Assist each department with mass mailings
- Keep storage rooms organized and monitor inventory of envelopes, letterhead and shipping supplies on a weekly basis
- Ensure support and maintenance of postage machine. Reports, funding refills, scheduling service, etc.
- Make sure each copier/printer location is properly supplied with paper on a daily basis
- Perform other duties as assigned
What you can bring to Meridian:
- High school diploma is required
- Previous claims processing experience is preferred
- Previous shipping and receiving experience is preferred
- PC experience is required
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude is required
- Basic knowledge of general office operations
- Knowledge of postage rates and prior use of postage meter preferred
- Basic knowledge of Managed Care
- Basic computer knowledge
What Meridian can offer you:
- Our healthcare benefits include a variety of PPO plans that are effective on the first day of employment for our new full-time team members.
- Opportunity to work with the industry’s leading technologies and participate in unique projects, demonstrations, conferences, and exclusive learning opportunities.
- Meridian offers 401k matching that is above the national average.
- Full-time MHP employees are eligible for tuition reimbursement towards Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees.
- Meridian Health Plan was named Detroit's #1 Fastest Growing Company by Crain's Magazine, so it is a great time to get involved with Meridian.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER