RESPONSIBILITIES:A Kforce client is seeking a Mainframe COBOL Programmer.
The Mainframe COBOL Programmer will support the Mainframe system (COBOL/IMS-DLI/VSAM/DB2) and 3rd party packages in support of the North America distribution centers. Our client is targeting a start date in January. The candidates must have experience with COBOL, CICS, and IMS.
- Systems provide order capture, inventory management, order orchestration, and fulfillment
- Order entry, ASNs, EDI, WMS, quoting, pricing, costing, and administration
- Primary technical solutions on a number of small projects (weekdays 8AM-5PM)
- Occasional overnight travel to remote location to assist in the implementation of technical solutions
- Provide after-hour technical support as needed
- Working knowledge of COBOL, CICS, VSAM, JCL, and IMS are required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively work independently and on teams to implement business solutions
- Project management ability
- Ability to evaluate and priorities customer requirements to ensure effective use of company resources
- Ability to adapt to changing roles and changing priorities
- Working knowledge of DB2
- Good MS Office skills, Excel, Word
- Prior manufacturing experience with knowledge of Lean, and/or EDI, considered a plus
- TELON experience a plus
- Web FOCUS knowledge a plus
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.