Directly responsible for the daily management of all parts and supplies for the maintenance department. Coordinates with various departments to ensure the appropriate spare parts are in inventory to minimize production delays. Reviews work requests to determine validity and priority for completion. Schedules preventive and predictive work for technicians. Coordinates with production and planning to ensure equipment availability for planned maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures the proper parts are available for planned work and supports the consolidation of parts for new equipment.
- Works with Maintenance technicians and engineers to ensure the correct critical and non-critical spare parts for equipment are stocked.
- Assists with training technicians and production on the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Communicates with other Vinventions plants to share best practices of spare parts management and procurement.
- Ensures all new equipment is entered in the CMMS with required information, including detailed Preventive Maintenance (PM) plans prior to the equipment becoming operational.
- Creates detailed PM plans on assigned equipment utilizing information provided by OEM, production teams, technicians, and engineers.
- Manages parts supply and storeroom operations; controls all purchases to maintain the optimized inventory quantities and reorder levels.
- Ensures the correct definitions and descriptions of parts are loaded in the CMMS.
- Creates, implements, and executes inventory management processes, including cycle counts.
- Visits and analyzes job sites for planned work during the planning process. Identifies and requisitions the necessary materials, special tools, and other relevant criteria needed to perform the job.
- Responsible for the 5S program & housekeeping in the storeroom.
- Reviews incoming maintenance work request to determine if work should be supported by maintenance or other departments.
- Ensures all work orders in the CMMS have the appropriate coding, including priority.
- Works with the operations and planning teams to review the work plan and make adjustments when needed.
- Coordinates equipment availability for all scheduled maintenance.
- Ensures planned work orders have accurate estimated times and adequate work instructions.
- Analyzes downtime and modify/create PMs as necessary to minimize the risk of future breakdowns and ensures each asset has a maintenance plan.
- Sources, interviews and negotiates with suppliers on product or service information, such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Evaluates alternative options to reduce cost and selects products or services for purchase.
- Monitors departmental purchasing budget for compliance.
- Drives cost reduction through continuous improvement of processes, procedures, and supplier management methodology.
- Performs other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
- Associates Degree within a technical field or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree a plus.
- Prior training in maintenance planning/scheduling and purchasing preferred.
- Experienced with a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS). Utilizing Navision a plus.
Minimum Experience, Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements:
- At least 2 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to plan preventive maintenance and procure adequate spare parts.
- Typically has 3 years of maintenance planning and parts procurement experience in a manufacturing environment; 3 years experience with parts inventory management.
- Possesses basic knowledge of machine repair and maintenance techniques, including mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic systems. Capable of performing Level 1 Maintenance Technician tasks. (reference Level 1 job description)
- Experience managing CMMS software, preferably The Asset Guardian or MAXIMO.
- Basic knowledge of the various codes and laws applicable to standard maintenance and repair work (OSHA, ANSI, etc).
- Possesses basic computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite; capable of creating reports, graphs and spreadsheets that show department performance based on KPI’s.
- The ability to work in a team environment and self-motivated, with proactive leadership in a fast-paced environment.
- Frequently stand, walk, stoop, and kneel; occasionally crouch, crawl, or climb.
- Frequently use hands and arms to reach and to handle objects.
- Frequently lift and/or carry 50 pounds; occasionally lift over 50 pounds with assistance.
- Office and manufacturing areas with moderate to loud noise level.
Vinventions is proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.