Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design and manufacturing of plastic rigid containers of the highest quality. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Plastipak is fully invested in our associates providing hands-on training opportunities, unlimited access to industry innovations and motivation for career development. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship. We pride ourselves on an environment where our associates have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary, with unlimited possibilities.
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
The Maintenance Electrician responsible for maintaining, servicing, and troubleshooting equipment and site property; making adjustments and/or mechanical/electrical repairs to the machines and equipment in a safe, efficient manner.
- Maintain and service machinery at the site.
- Ensures operation of electrical systems and equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on 3-phase motors, conveyors, programmable controllers, transformers, voltage regulators, and machinery wiring; following electrical code, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications; troubleshooting.
- Repairs electrical systems and equipment by diagnosing malfunctioning apparatus, such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures; determining faulty wiring; inspecting and testing malfunctioning machinery.
- Maintains electrical equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Repairs and replaces faulty electrical components by using testing equipment and hand tools to install relays, switches, motors, printed circuit boards, and position-sensing devices.
- Programs automated machinery by operating, testing for malfunctions, and verifying repairs.
- General maintenance duties to maintain the site.
- Follows all safety requirements, policies, and reports unsafe conditions to a leader; and takes immediate action to correct issue when possible.
- Functions effectively within a team environment.
- Attends all team meetings as required.
- Performs all required quality checks and assures all production conforms to specification.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine electrical preventive maintenance techniques and monitoring compliance.
- Follows all company policies and work rules including but not limited to 6S, GMP, and BOS quality system.
- Responsible for maintaining ISO standards.
- Use the preventative maintenance program.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Troubleshoot electric, pneumatics, mechanical and hydraulics.
- All work performed must be entered into PICS; and all Parts used must be checked out using PICS.
- Be able to identify parts in all machines.
- Perform light fabrication.
- Monitor reliabilities and scrap on related production equipment.
- Responsible for reporting food safety issues to personnel with authority to initiate action
- All other duties as assigned
- Must be team oriented.
- Self-Motivation and flexibility of job assignments.
- Blend of technical, interpersonal skills, and continuous learning through training.
- Strong mechanical/electrical aptitude and experience.
- 2-year degree or prior work experience.
- Basic computer skills.
Why should you apply?
You may be eligible for:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance and disability
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and profit sharing plan with company match
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Pet Insurance
- Referral bonus program