Responsible for the safe troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of equipment and facilities in a heavy industrial environment.
- Follow all Hoeganaes safety policies and procedures.
- Follow job specific Work Instructions which pertain to the job assignment.
- Analyze and interpret wiring diagrams, drawings, sketches, specifications, etc., relative to assigned task.
- Receive and interpret instructions, work orders, etc.
- Diagnose equipment malfunctions and make repairs and adjustments using the necessary test equipment, instruments and tools of the trade.
- Overhaul and repair all electrical equipment.Replace and repair component parts to maintain and establish operational status of equipment.
- Install new system, modify existing electrical systems, equipment and devices working from drawings, sketches and verbal instructions.
- Maintain a safe, clean work area.
- Perform work in accordance with electrical codes, specifications and safe practices.
- Perform other related duties as required, such as transporting tools and equipment to work areas.
- Clean and properly stores tools, etc., reporting short supplies, equipment, etc.
- Erect scaffolding and rigging as necessary.
- Perform all tasks requested by the Supervisor and/or other management personnel.
This position description is not intended to be a detailed list of job functions or responsibilities. It outlines the essential functions of the job. An individual may be required to perform other duties from time to time. The company reserves the right to amend, change or delete the contents of this description.
We believe in respecting the rights of others. We will create a working environment where the abilities, differences and achievements of different groups are valued: an inclusive workplace. We want GKN to be a great place to work, where no employee is discriminated against, bullied or harassed.
Qualifications / Experience / Skills
- High School diploma or GED.
- Associate degree in industrial maintenance or journeyman status is preferred.
- 2-5 years of previous experience in an industrial setting is preferred.
- Ability to operate mobile industrial equipment and pass required Company training.
- Ability to work overtime on short notice is required.
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the world’s leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries.
GKN Sinter Metals is the world’s leading supplier of metal powder precision components. Our global production and sales network employs approximately 6,000 associates in more than 30 facilities on five continents. With a history dating back to the 1930s, today we have production sites in Germany, Italy, South Africa, India, China, Brazil, Canada and the USA.
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.