Job ID: 136803
Oldcastle Coastal, a CRH company, is a division of the CRH Americas Architectural Products Group. APG is North America’s leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 40 states and 5 Canadian provinces through a network of over 165 operating locations and more than 5,000 employees.
- This role is responsible for ensuring proper electrical functioning of plant equipment, tools and machinery and to troubleshoot any electrical malfunctioning and complete appropriate repairs and maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Install, adjust, and repair production equipment and special purpose machines as assigned.
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools to repair, grease, weld, cut, change parts and complete tasks as assigned.
- Weld and use cutting torch as required.
- Perform general repairs to plant structures.
- Test and troubleshoot malfunctioning machinery, determine repairs and discuss with head mechanic for approval and repair as needed.
- Replace faulty parts, electrical wires, motors, controls and circuit boards.
- Install equipment and electrical components and test to ensure proper functioning.
- Maintain and repair all existing electrical equipment in the production areas.
- Install power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment.
- Read blueprints, wiring diagrams, process sheets, and assembly schematic drawings.
- Calibrate and adjust all electrical/electronic equipment according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Do minor programming and maintenance for programmable logic controller based equipment.
- Dismantle equipment to gain access to and remove defective parts using hoists, cranes, hand tools and power tools.
- Lubricate and clean parts and equipment to ensure proper operation.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
Requirements / Education / Experience
- Associate’s degree or completion of Technical School and Apprenticeship program or equivalent in training, experience and education.
- At least 5 years industrial experience in electrical support and maintenance functions.
- Must have been employed as an electrician or electrician apprentice within the past 18 months.
- Must be knowledgeable of OSHA safety requirements, especially those related to electrical operations and components.
- Knowledge of hydraulics, mechanics, electricity, carpentry or related field preferred.
- Able to read and understand electrical schematics and blueprints.
- Working knowledge of three phase motors, programmable controls, circuits, and National Electrical Code.
- Ability to lift, push or pull 50 pounds or more.
- Requires often climbing, lifting, bending, pushing, pulling, stooping, and twisting.
- Able to use tools and equipment to repair and provide maintenance while standing, crouching, stretching, extending extremities and under extreme work environments.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Coastal, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.