What you’ll do
Responsible for supervising skilled technicians, who install, move, repair and maintain equipment and facilities. Equipment for manufacturing, material handling, and shipment of product as well as support equipment and facilities required to support this equipment. The Maintenance Manager reports to the Business Unit Manager.
Key Responsibilities :
- Establishing plans, priorities and goals for the Business Unit maintenance team in line with Business Unit’s Rebuild Plan, and improvement goals.
- Develop & Report maintenance Key Performance Indicators to show progress toward goals.
- Organize and direct the efforts of maintenance technicians and planners on a daily basis.
- Participate in and support the activities and projects of the Manufacturing Engineering group as an active team member.
- Responsible for developing and managing to the Business Unit maintenance budget, developing the Business Unit rebuild plan, and controlling spend against maintenance accounts.
- Communicate goals and objectives of the organization to the maintenance team, and translate into direct actions and responsibilities.
- Design development plans for all team members to support a multi skilled, flexible team of Skilled Technicians
- Train, guide, mentor, and evaluate all team members under his/her direction in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring team members use safe work practices at all times.
- Develop and implement Autonomous Maintenance within Business Unit.
- Develop, implement, and continuously improve Preventative Maintenance practices.
- Develop Business Unit Rebuild plan.
- Maintain compliance to current TS16949 standards.
- Understand significant environmental aspects of the job and the related operational controls.
- Drive Continuous Improvement in the BU through Problem Solving on Chronic Machine Issues.
- Benchmark other locations for Continuous Improvement Opportunities.
- Drive Cost Reduction Efforts in Maintenance Spares and Outsourced Maintenance Work.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering, Manufacturing Management, or related degree.
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing maintenance environment with at least 3-5 years in supervision.
- Experience in an ISO9000 or QS9000 environment is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Lean Enterprise experience.
- Computer Skills (MS Word, Excel, MS Project, MfgPro, Kronos).
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the world’s leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries.
GKN Driveline is the market leader in the development and delivery of contemporary and electrified driveline systems and solutions. With a comprehensive global footprint, we design, develop, manufacture and integrate an extensive range of driveline technologies for over 90% of the world’s automotive manufacturers.
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.