Our client is an industry leader in the production of premium chocolate products! They are one of the few companies in the nation that controls the entire chocolate manufacturing process, from cocoa bean to finished product. They have positioned themselves as America’s premium chocolate company for over 160 years. We have been retained to find a talented Maintenance Manager. This person will lead a three-shift operation (a team of almost 40 people!) This role is based in San Leandro, California.
The Maintenance Manager will coordinate and prioritize maintenance activities in order to meet production requirements. The first priority is to create a great working environment where a team of skilled technicians can operate at peak performance. This will in turn ensure that the reliability, dependability, and accuracy of the production manufacturing equipment is maintained. This role will partner with Production, Engineering and Quality Assurance team members and others in the plant.
As a people leader, this person will be responsible for supporting and developing potential future leaders for the organization through coaching, direction setting and development opportunities while increasing the Maintenance and chocolate knowledge within the Maintenance department.
This position, by ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures, is responsible for recommending, developing, implementing and managing safety, quality and food safety on all product lines.
- Lead, develop and coach a crew of 37 direct/indirect team members in a 3-shift operation
- Maintain safety procedures, conduct audits, and eliminate lost time accidents
- Develop sense of urgency and methodology on correcting unexpected breakdowns, and proactively plan overhauls/projects to improve efficiency over the long term
- Maintain spare parts inventory program, manage work order and PM programs
- Lead the Preventive Maintenance Pillar
- Support Operations in meeting/exceeding production objectives by increasing machine efficiency
- Participate in long-term capital planning; develop and manage the maintenance budget
- Bachelor's Degree (Mechanical, Civil, Electric or Chemical Engineering preferred)
- Mechanical and electrical knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, benefits, repair, and maintenance
- Must have been a Maintenance Manager for a minimum of three years in a manufacturing environment (Food or pharma preferred)
- Must have managed a team of 10+ people and must be a strong people leader!
- Strong communication skills; have the ability to proactively engage dialogue, influence and reach resolutions, at all levels of the organization
- Ability to manage multiple priorities/project
- Union experience preferred