Hyperion Materials & Technology LLC. in Worthington, OH is looking for a
Maintenance Mechanic (2nd Shift)
Do you want to join a global company that offers advancement potential and a generous shift differential? If you have strong electro-mechanical and troubleshooting skills and experience in controls in a heavy industrial field, plus a passing score on a Multi-Craft Assessment Test, we want to hear from you!
Hyperion Materials & Technology LLC. is a leading, world-class supplier of hard and super-hard materials and solutions to the manufacturing industry. We have a diverse base of customers in industries like automotive, aerospace, electronics, energy and general engineering that we support with ~1,500 employees in multiple global locations.
Key Performance Areas
As a Maintenance Mechanic, you will perform advanced maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs on a wide variety of electro-mechanical systems that include robotic machining centers, CNC lathes, grinders, lasers and high pressure/temperature presses. In this role, you will operate and maintain key systems such as chiller, air compressors boilers, and HVAC equipment, as well as perform repairs to the building and grounds such as painting, plumbing, flooring, doors, and lighting. You will also develop and implement maintenance practices for new equipment installation and start-up, and monitor machine performance with diagnostic system equipment. Other responsibilities include working with outside contractors, engineering and other internal groups related to equipment installation, modifying existing machine configurations to improve performance, and serving as the technical expert in one or more areas of the electrical and mechanical fields.
Additionally, you will:
- Perform advanced trouble shooting and repairs on a wide variety of electro/mechanical systems that include robotic machining centers, CNC lathes, grinders, lasers, high pressure/temperature presses.
- Operate and maintenance of key systems such as chiller, air compressors boilers and HVAC equipment
- Troubleshooting control systems, which may involve hydraulics, pneumatics, electronics, gas handling and acid distribution systems in a powdered metals/ceramics environment.
- Equipment downtime and root cause failure analysis.
- Perform and assist in the development and implementation of PM and Predictive Methodologies activities.
- Develop and implement maintenance practices for new equipment installation and start-up.
- Leverage equipment diagnostic system to monitor machine performance.
- Interface with the Oracle Computerized Maintenance system for work tracking and part procurement.
- Actively participate in Lean Manufacturing events and activities.
- Perform repairs to building and grounds such as painting, plumbing, flooring, doors and lighting.
You must have strong electro-mechanical skills and a passing score on a Multi-Craft Assessment Test, with a minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience. We are looking for someone with skill and knowledge in the following maintenance disciplines: hydraulics & pneumatics; schematics & print reading; AC/DC theory, power distribution & electrical maintenance; welding, rigging & fabrication; pumps, piping & combustion; power transmission, lubricants & mechanical maintenance; shop machines and tools; and motors & control circuitry.
You are self-motivated and highly driven and possess excellent communication skills. You work well with limited supervision, but are also a strong team player. You must be able to work overtime up to 25% of the time and be available for emergency call-in requests and to work during scheduled shutdowns.
Candidates should also possess:
- Strong experience in troubleshooting PLCs, industrial controls, instrumentation, and automation.
- A technical degree or relevant maintenance experience.
- An understanding of modern predictive maintenance technologies such as infrared testing, oil analysis, vibration analysis, ultrasonic detection and motor circuit analysis.
- Working knowledge of NFPA70E, OSHA, and NEC regulatory safety and design codes; in-house certification will be provided and is mandatory.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please visitwww.home.sandvik/careers to apply to the Maintenance Mechanic 2nd Shift position, JO #360670.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants willreceive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation,race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any othercharacteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needsaccommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the applicationprocess should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also providesreasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations underthe law.