General Sealants has an exciting opportunity for a 2nd shift Maintenance Mechanic - schedule is 4/10s, Monday - Thursday, 12:00pm to 10:30pm, with 30 mins for lunch.
This position is responsible for maintaining, repairing and troubleshooting production and facility equipment. This individual will focus in on the urgency of production equipment running safely and efficiently in order to ensure quality product is produced.
- Perform routine and extensive preventive maintenance and repair procedures on production equipment, mechanical systems, electrical systems, buildings and utility systems.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them by checking blue prints, repair manuals, and part catalogs as necessary.
- Paint and repair doors, floors, woodwork, plaster, drywall, roofs, windows and other parts of the building structure.
- Dismantle devices to gain access to and remove defective parts using tools and power tools as needed.
- Assemble, install and/or repair wiring, electrical and electronic components, pipe systems, plumbing machinery, and equipment.
- Maintain an inventory of parts, equipment, and supplies as required.
- Must be able to follow and perform duties in a safety oriented environment at all times.
- Must be well organized, with above average problem solving abilities.
- Must be able to work as part of a multi-cultural and multi-disciplined team while achieving the highest potential performance.
- Adhere to company rules, policies and procedures.
- Communicate well with others, both verbally and in writing
- Punctuality and regular attendance are required as per GS policy.
- Must perform other duties as needed and requested by the Maintenance Supervisor, Plant Manager or GS executive management.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the above essential functions.
Language Skills: Bilingual, English/Spanish preferred.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Certification in mechanical, electrical or industrial maintenance or equivalent work experience in a manufacturing, production environment required and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and plant facility maintenance experience.
- 4+ years of manufacturing experience; strong mechanical and industrial skills with some PLC experience and HVAC preferred.
- HS Diploma/GED Required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to noise, some powder in the air, moving mechanical parts and will work in a non-controlled climate environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds. In addition, following are other physical demands of this position:
Have full motion of both arms over head and shoulders.
- Ability to work in a non-controlled climate area.
- Requires ability to walk, sit and stand for the duration of the work shift.
- Ability to use both arms and hands to use tools.
- Must perform various duties while wearing Personal Protective Equipment (face mask, safety goggles, safety gloves, etc).
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
General Sealants provides 100% company paid medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits for employees' coverage, vacation, holidays, PSL and additional benefits. We are a drug and alcohol free workplace and we E-Verify.
Please, no contact from recruiters. RELOCATION IS NOT AVAILABLE.
If interested, please email your resume and your salary requirements to: email@example.comHelp