Job ID: 209405
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
We are looking for a skilled Maintenance Technician for our Night shift with experience working in a production environment. The ideal candidate would have experience working with mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems and production machines
- Following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions and engineering specifications
- Troubleshooting malfunctions
- Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation, listening for problems, using precision measuring and testing instruments
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices, using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools and examining form and texture of parts
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs and straight edges
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies and placing and expediting orders. Verify receipts
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- 3 years minimum experience in production floor environment
- PLC programming & troubleshooting skills
- Electrical background
- Mechanical background
- Universal maintenance (well rounded)
- Welding experience
- Strong on Variable Frequency Drives (VFD's)
- Knowledge of control circuit wiring 24VDC is a plus
- Ability to read drawings, European schematics is a plus
- Glass plant experience would be a Plus
- Able to stand on feet wearing safety boots from 8-10 hours a day
- Ability to lift, carry, twist, walk, and reach constantly, and bend frequently
- Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to work in varied temperatures consistent with same climate conditions of the region (Heat, humidity, etc).
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.