Oklahoma Methodist Manor
Job Title: Maintenance TechnicianReports to: Facilities Manager
Dept: Maintenance #55Status: Non-Exempt
Pay Grade: 10Revised Date: 01/17/2017
This position is responsible for performing routine and extensive preventative maintenance and repairs throughout the facility.
Maintains attitudes and behaviors that demonstrate and uphold the Mission Statement of Oklahoma Methodist Manor (OMM), supports the OMM core values and shows an understanding of OMM’s person-centered philosophy.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Knowledge of HVAC and electrical systems operations.
- Plumbing experience preferred.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Minimum computer knowledge required
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Responsible for maintaining the day-to-day operational and mechanic al functions of the facility.
- Perform maintenance duties as assigned by the Facilities Manager.
- Hang pictures and shelves as needed.
- Adjusts and repairs equipment which includes but not limited to, fixing toilets, wheelchairs, beds, carpet, snow removal, and air filters.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Performs a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Responds to emergency maintenance requests as required.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Monitor and replace light bulbs throughout the facility.
- Make minor plumbing and electrical repair
Performance and Professionalism:
Maintains professional presence when representing Oklahoma Methodist Manor; exhibits degree of professionalism consistent with the standards in performance, behavior, proper language, and appearance.
- Maintains confidentiality and privacy at all times according to policies and procedures; uses discretion when discussing confidential matters.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior with members, families, co-workers, subordinates, supervisors, business contractors and others.
- Maintains positive working relationships with management and co-workers; willingly follows directions and requests as appropriate.
- Exhibits professional standard through appearance and demeanor.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of work assignments and performs in a manner to meet quality and timeliness objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of policies and procedures; seeks clarification or interpretation from appropriate supervisor when needed.
- Uses tactful, diplomatic communication techniques in all relations with others.
Demonstrates professional development/skills competency in all activities.
- Participates in in-service training, projects, or committees as assigned.
- Maintains all certifications necessary for employment.
- Demonstrates flexibility, open mindedness, and versatility in adjusting to changing environments and requirements as necessary.
- Commits to continually improving his/her skills through participations in education opportunities whether offered on the job, within, or outside of the facility, to increase knowledge of work-related topics.
- Maintains a current knowledge of federal, state and other regulations applicable to job.
Safety and security:
Complies with Oklahoma Methodist Manor’s established safety rules and practices.
- Complies with applicable safety policies and procedures as prescribed by the organization, as well as government regulations.
- Reports any potential safety hazard(s) immediately to supervisor or other appropriate personnel.
- Reports any injury of member, visitor, or employee immediately to supervisor or other appropriate personnel.
- Ability to lift up to 75lbs.
- Ability to carry up to 25lbs
- Ability to push/pull up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to sit, stand, or walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to Bend, stoop, crawl, or climb on a regular basis.
Oklahoma Methodist Manor
Summary of Physical, Sensory, and
Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Job Duties
Job Title:Maintenance Technician
A. Physical Requirements Explanation
1.Lifting: Up to 75 pounds.
2.Carrying: Up to 25 pounds.
3.Pushing/Pulling: Up to 30 pounds.
4.Use of Equipment:
Not At All
12.Reaching Above Head
Not At All
1.Exposed To Marked Changes In Temperature
3.Exposure to Dust, Fumes, Odors, Water, Etc.
4.Exposure to Biological, Mechanical, Electrical, and/or Chemical Hazards
5.Normal (Inside) Environment
b.Close Eye Work
3.Distinguish Temperatures By:
I have read, understand, and accept the duties, standards, and expectations required of this position. I hereby affirm my good faith compliance with all policies and procedures. I will perform all duties to the best of my ability.
I further understand that my employment is at will and thereby understand that my employment may be terminated at any time by the community or myself.
Employee Signature: _____________________________ Date: ________________
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee will also perform other reasonably-related job responsibilities as assigned by management as required. Oklahoma Methodist Manor reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. Moreover, management reserves the right to change job descriptions, job duties, or working schedules based on their duty to accommodate the members of OMM. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.