Maintenance Mechanic - Welding
US Salt is hiring a Maintenance Mechanic position in Watkins Glen, NY. This Union position performs various maintenance mechanical work, welding, structural and pipe. For this position, employee must be available for any shift. (1st shift: 6:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. 2nd; shift: 2:00 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.; 3rd shift: 10:00 p.m. - 6:30 a.m.) This is a full-time position with excellent benefits such as an insurance package, 401(k) plan and vacation time.
- Repairing machines
- Changing parts
- Lubricating machinery
- Performing routine and preventive maintenance
- Pipe work
- Other duties as assigned or required
- Have documented industrial maintenance experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Requires knowledge of power transmissions, conveyors & belting, pneumatics, lubrication, and rotating equipment
- Must have an approved welding certificate and be able to operate oxy/acetylene torch, plasma cutter, and shop equipment
- Must be capable of reading OEM prints
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be able to operate fork trucks, scissor lifts, etc.
- Successfully complete any required mechanical, welding or other maintenance tests
- Possess effective oral and written communication skills
- Must also successfully participate in training to expand skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.