Maintenance Specialist - Light Industrial Torch & Consumables - 3rd shift
Hypertherm's mission is simple. To provide customers with the world's leading industrial cutting solutions, to promote the well-being and development of our Associates, and to enrich our communities and environment. How we accomplish this mission is what makes us unique.
A 100% Associate-owned company, Hypertherm is based out of Hanover, New Hampshire. Excellence in technology innovation, environmental stewardship, and shared ownership and rewards are just a few of our Core Values that have helped create a culture that has made us one of the best companies to work for in New Hampshire.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Specialist to join our Light Industrial Torch & Consumables team.
In this role, you'll apply your strong electrical/mechanical aptitude to hands on troubleshooting and repair. You'll work as a member of the maintenance team on 2nd shift, performing basic preventative maintenance, corrective maintenance and troubleshooting on robotic automated equipment, CNC machines, Laser marking systems, hydraulic and pneumatic presses, pumps and various automated systems. You'll also participate in continuous improvement activities, Safety programs, support 5S initiatives, new equipment installations, and attend training as required. If you enjoy getting your hands dirty and diagnosing and solving complex electrical/mechanical issues, this might be the perfect opportunity for you.
- Conducts routine preventive and predictive maintenance of assigned production equipment.
- Maintains assigned production equipment as required, following instructions outlined in maintenance database.
- Anticipates need for and orders spare parts for all production equipment as required, preventing spare part outages.
- Independently provides advanced electrical, electronic and mechanical troubleshooting support for operations equipment.
- Coordinates with production to schedule and perform all preventative maintenance tasks utilizing maintenance data base system and manufacturer recommendations.
- Supports projects related to installs of a wide variety of electrical, electronic and mechanical equipment.
- Follows Hypertherm safety policies and protocols. Identify and correct potential safety issues
- Communicates status of projects, maintenance issues, etc. with internal customers and other team members.
- 2+ years of experience working in a production environment on industrial automation and supporting equipment
- Understanding of PLC's and HMI's
- Electronic troubleshooting
- Exposure to industrial automation
- Ability to conduct diagnostics and root cause analysis
- Demonstrated ability to work with hand tools, drill press, grinders, presses, electronic test equipment and a variety of machine shop equipment
- Ability to read and interpret diagrams, schematics, BOM and manuals
- Computer skills - Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to troubleshoot
- Experience in electrical, electronic, mechanical maintenance and repair
- Ability to learn various software packages related to maintenance
- Ability to lift 45 pounds, stand, bend, kneel, and climb ladders
Hypertherm is an Equal Opportunity Employer and value diversity in our company. We give consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.
- Employee Events
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Gym Memberships
- Health Care On Site
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision