Orange Coast College
Maintenance Specialist I
Salary: $46,344.00 - $56,388.00 Annually
Full job description and OFFICIAL application available ONLY at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cccd/jobs/2053076/maintenance-specialist-i?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Under general supervision, to perform a variety of general and semi-skilled maintenance and repair work on district buildings and equipment; and to perform related work as required. Incumbents in this classification typically specialize in a specific trade area and also perform a variety of general and semi-skilled duties in other building and equipment maintenance trades.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
a. Perform a variety of general and semi-skilled work in maintenance or mechanical areas such as carpentry, electrical, heating, ventilation and air-conditioning, glazing, locksmithing, painting, plumbing and welding.
b. Assist with and handle a wide variety of materials and equipment.
c. Use a variety of hand tools and operates machinery.
d. Repair fences and equipment.
e. Replace ceramic, ceiling and floor tile.
f. Prepare surfaces for painting and apply finish using brushes, rollers and spray equipment.
g. Repair plaster.
h. Repair and install bathroom fixtures.
i. Hang bulletin boards, pictures, screens and other items.
j. Mix, pour and do rough cement finishing.
k. Repair items such as gates, chairs, bleachers, dollies, poles, fixtures, electric carts using gas and arc.
l. Load trucks with materials and equipment.
m. Perform general and semi-skilled work in construction and remodeling projects.
n. Drive to and from destinations to pick up and deliver materials.
o. Assemble furniture and equipment.
p. Perform heavy manual labor.
q. Work from verbal instruction, technical manuals, sketches, blueprints, and work orders.
r. Clean work area upon completion of jobs.
s. Requisition parts and supplies.
t. Keep time, labor and material records.
u. May direct the work of assigned helpers.
v. Perform related work as assigned.
Qualifications and Physical Demands
1. Shop math applicable to the maintenance trades.
2. Proper methods, materials, tools and equipment used in the assigned maintenance trade areas.
3. Appropriate safety precautions and procedures.
4. Perform general and semi-skilled work in one or more of the trades or maintenance areas.
5. Identify and use hand tools and machinery used in various trades or maintenance areas.
6. Read and work from plans, blueprints, technical manuals and work orders.
7. Perform shop mathematics.
8. Perform heavy manual labor.
9. Maintain tools and equipment assigned in clean working order and provide proper security.
10. Maintain simple records.
11. Operate a vehicle observing legal and defensive driving practices and possess a valid, unrestricted, and appropriate California Driver's License.
12. Understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
13. Establish and maintain effective relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Education and Experience:
14. Individuals possessing the knowledge, abilities, and skills listed above are considered to possess the necessary education.
15. At least one year recent experience in general maintenance or specific trade area.
Coast Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer