Job ID: 137761
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
Maintenance keeps the facility in running order which would include: production equipment, inside and out of the build and grounds.
This position involves maintenance of the plant facility. To include, maintenance and repair of production equipment, as well as organizing and maintaining storeroom inventory.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle all electrical repairs pertaining to plant equipment
- Ensure all plant machines are running safely and produce quality products
- Responsible for analyzing, troubleshooting and repairing malfunctioning machines and systems
- Responsible for the maintenance and repairs of electrical motors, control panels, electrical circuits, motor controls, etc.
- Assist with general housekeeping in various maintenance shops & where work is completed
- Comply with Company and Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Regular and predictable attendance, safely perform tasks and adherence to all safety policies are essential functions of the job
- Must be able to work night shift (6p-6a) 48-60 hr/work week
- Must be able to maintain departmental production and quality standards with little supervision
- Teamwork is essential, must be able to work closely and effectively communicate with co-worker
- Must have a minimum of Technical schooling certificate or Associate’s degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial Maintenance
- Preferably have five (5)+ years of technical maintenance experience in the following:
- General electrical knowledge including wiring methods
- General mechanical troubleshooting and welding
- Allen Bradley PLC/5, SLC 5/04 programmable controllers
- Hydraulic control and pneumatics
- DC and AC Variable Frequency Drives
- Ability to work in close quarters, confined areas, narrow passages
- Operate various/all Equipment: forklift, T-Rex, Cart Caddy, Die Picker, etc.
- Must be able to read die prints, instructions
- Must be able to work overtime or “off shift” work hours as required
- Must be willing to perform additional duties as assigned by supervisor or lead
- Constant twisting/turning of body, climbing and crawling
- Constant standing and walking
- Constant hand/eye coordination, communication and hearing
- Frequent grasping, lifting and carrying of 10-20# and occasionally 21-100# (shared lift)
- Frequent pushing or pulling of 10-40# and occasionally 41-100# (shared lift)
- Frequent use of visual acuity – computer, color, depth perception, field of vision
- Frequent squat/kneel/crouching/reaching (above shoulder and outward)
- The manufacturing facility is subject to the same general climate conditions as outdoors (heat, cold, humidity, etc.)
- Chemicals, dust, pollen and other typical airborne particulate matter are present in the atmosphere and may create some odors in the plant
- Oldcastle, in an effort to provide its employees with a safe and healthy working environment, limits exposure to chemicals through written procedures, engineering controls, and PPE
- While some chemical may pose health risks if not properly used, employees are trained on the proper safety equipment and procedures for handling chemicals
- While the chemical exposure and odors are under acceptable levels set by OSHA and TOSHA, they nevertheless, can be smelled and are handled according to the company’s hazardous program
- Only online applications will be accepted
- When applying, please provide full employment history
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.