Maintenance Supervisor - Manufacturing - New Jersey
6pm-6am shift (2-2-3 rotation).
A leading food manufacturer in the Philadelphia-area has an immediate need for a hands-on Maintenance Supervisor to lead and coordinate plant maintenance activities. The Maintenance Supervisor directly supervises maintenance employees to ensure the effective delivery of maintenance services and support production.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Planning, assigning and directing work, coordinating weekly Continuous Improvement (CI) meetings, addressing product and employee complaints, and resolving problems. This person carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies, OSHA regulations and applicable laws while following all CI processes.
- Collaborates with the plant engineer, maintenance manager, and facility management to utilize equipment to improve employee safety, production quality, equipment reliability, and overall equipment effectiveness.
- Supervises both the maintenance and capital projects for the site.
- Utilizes mechanical and electrical expertise to maintain production systems, utilities, buildings and grounds.
- Utilizes a CMMS to optimize asset utilization through scheduled preventative maintenance.
- Implements corrective actions identified by key maintenance performance indicators as a means to create overall equipment effectiveness.
- Remains current with latest and emerging industry regulations and codes relative to mechanical and electrical systems design and operation.
- Ensures corporate policies and standards are followed in both capital project implementation as well as daily maintenance.
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating and delegating.
- Provides supervision of employees directly to ensure effective selection, retention, development, and disciplinary action.
Qualified candidates must possess:
- 8-10 years of supervisory experience.
- Strong hands-on mechanical and electrical technical skills.
- The ability to train/coach, lead and coordinate the day-to-day maintenance activities of maintenance personnel.
- Proficiency with a CMMS for scheduling preventative maintenance.
- A food manufacturing background is highly preferred.
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME today.
Tags: maintenance, supervisor, lead, foreman, troubleshoot, repair, maintain, mechanical, electrical, equipment, machines, packaging, preventative maintenance, CMMS, food, manufacturing, schedule, coordinate, hydrualics, pneumatics, conveyors, motors, pumps, gearboxes, PLC,