Hayward Pool Products, a division of Hayward Industries, Inc. is the largest manufacturer of residential swimming pool equipment in the world, with a significant presence in the commercial pool market that is continuously growing. Headquartered in Elizabeth, New Jersey, Hayward designs, manufactures and markets a full line of residential and commercial pool and spa equipment including pumps, filters, heating, cleaners, salt chlorinators, automation, lighting, safety, flow control and energy solutions. For over 80-years, Hayward has been enhancing pool ownership by manufacturing cutting edge, advanced pool and spa equipment. Hayward listens to our customers’ needs and makes sure they are implemented during the design and manufacturing process. The goal is to become the preferred brand of choice with every residential and commercial swimming pool and spa.
Hayward Pool Products - Clemmons, NC facility
The Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for leading a strong team of Maintenance Mechanics with various skills to ensure that all Production and Facilities Equipment is safely maintained and operating effectively. This will be accomplished by understanding company priorities and ensuring the Maintenance Team is properly trained and resourced to ensure success. The Supervisor needs to have a strong understanding and working knowledge of an effective Preventative Maintenance program and all types of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems to ensure timely and effective troubleshooting. The Supervisor will also have working knowledge of OSHA, NFPA and other company policies that ensure the Maintenance Team and all other employees work in a Safe Environment.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensure Maintenance Team Members attend monthly Safety Training and are in compliance of all Safety Policies.
- Manage multiple and ever changing priorities.
- Work with Production Planning to ensure PM's are scheduled and completed on time.
- Recruit, supervise and train maintenance technicians as new demands arise.
- Develop Succession plans for Maintenance Mechanics that are planning to retire in the near future.
- Inspect Equipment and Facilities to ensure Critical Equipment is operating effectively.
- Contribute to the development of maintenance budget and ensure compliance.
- Ensure Spare parts are available for constrained equipment and Monitor Spare Parts Inventory.
- Approve the purchase of Spare Parts.
- Participate in Kazien Events when needed.
- Ensure Safety Suggestions are completed in a timely manner.
- Directs workers in mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic maintenance and repair of production and facilities equipment.
- Assists workers in trouble shooting production and facilities equipment.
- Candidate will provide technical in-depth understanding of all significant building operational systems.
- Direct contractors engaged in dismantling, assembling, and installing industrial equipment.
- Establish and adjust work schedules to meet production demands.
- Responsible for cost savings program within the Maintenance Department
- Other duties may be assigned
Supervises employees in the Maintenance Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university (BSME preferred); and five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from employees, regulatory agencies or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, and logarithms. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, reliability, variance analysis, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment ranges from quiet in the office to noisy in the plant.