- High school diploma or equivalency preferred.
- Maintain active Certified Pool Operator license.
- College or Trade education a plus.
- Requires a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years building maintenance.
- Requires experience with general building repairs and handy work.
- Requires supervisory experience.
- Requires experience with computers and Microsoft Office applications.
- Requires effective written and verbal communication skills, strong customer service, and interpersonal skills.
Special Requirements/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs following appropriate safety procedures.
- Work in an upright standing position for long periods of time; be able to reach overhead; have full range of mobility in upper and lower body.
- Be able to work in various positions, including, but not limited to stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time, climbing stairs, navigating the property/building quickly and easily as required to meet the job functions.
- Climb ladders and work at heights above ground level (maximum 14 ft on A-frames and 21 ft on extension ladders).
- Ability to work in different environmental working conditions (e.g. heat, cold, wind, rain, humidity)
- Repeat various motions with the wrists, hands and fingers.
- Be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment up to 50 lbs occasionally to complete assigned job tasks.
- Maintain a valid Florida driver's license.
DISCLAIMER: This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
This position is for a building maintenance supervisor to oversee the daily maintenance duties of a large beach front condominium property. Candidate should have working knowledge of buildings or condominiums to include: working within budgets, reading and understanding site and building plans, plumbing, painting, drywall, electrical, janitorial, pools, and other general handyman repairs. Candidate will have experience with supervising personnel, staff scheduling, outlining daily, weekly, monthly work checklist, and coordinating with vendors for deliveries, repairs, etc.
- Maintains a safe and secure environment throughout the property.
- Supervises, trains and directs maintenance staff.
- Provides input to staff performance evaluations.
- Schedules and assigns work responsibilities to employees to meet shift requirements.
- Assesses repair needs and estimated time needed for repair, including determination of whether or not outside vendor is needed in order to complete repair.
- Monitors the functions and progress of vendors that may be required to work on property.
- Inventories and acquisitions maintenance supplies.
- Maintains disaster preparedness by identifying potential problems, developing response plans, managing crises.
- Completes reports/work orders of repairs (work needed).
- On call availability for emergencies and projects as assigned by property manager.
- Develops and maintains preventive/reactive maintenance schedules.
- Oversees or participates in construction, installation, and preventative maintenance of equipment.
- Observes/evaluates corrective maintenance or repair on equipment.
- Follows safety procedures and maintains a safe work environment.
- Performs maintenance replacement and repair in areas of carpentry, electrical work, plumbing, mechanical, painting, flooring, and other minor building repairs as long as a permit is not required to conduct the job.