Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Maintenance Supervisor positions with a premiere full-service contract manufacturer with true professional expertise and decades of experience producing a wide range of cutting edge health, beauty and personal care products. Our client is a proactive vendor partner dedicated to only the highest levels of quality in every service they offer. Their primary focus is always on improving every process in the important project planning, management and manufacturing production chain. With over 25 years of manufacturing experience in the personal care industry and a full-service research and manufacturing serving a spectrum of clients, clients know they can count on them.
As a Maintenance Supervisor, you will lead, supervise, and be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance operations and skilled technicians at the company’s key production manufacturing plant in New Albany, OH. Reporting to the Manufacturing Supervisor, you will lead the maintenance department to ensure an efficient, high quality, cost effective operating facility including work orders, maintenance priorities, and decision-making for machine maintenance to optimize production and whether to dedicate internal or contract resources to perform maintenance work. Key areas of responsibility include:
- Manage preventative maintenance program and parts inventory.
- Successful management of capital projects and all production machinery and equipment.
- Respond to equipment failures in a timely manner.
- Work with the management team on initiatives to reduce cost and improve quality.
- Develop skills of assigned staff.
- Proactively make recommendations and follow through on improving overall process systems.
Location: New Albany, OH (10 min from downtown Columbus)
Shift: 2nd or 3rd shift
Supervisory: 10+ direct reports
Benefits: Our client offers full benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and much more!
- Ideal for transitioning military or industrial experienced former military candidate who possesses a strong working/hands-on technician ability background with working supervisor leadership and management experience in heavy industrial-type settings, distinguished by outstanding performance, with an understanding of preventive, predictive, corrective, and reliability maintenance operations and programs.
- Excellent maintenance leader who possesses outstanding electrical/mechanical troubleshooting background.
- Excellent organization, coordination, communication, interpersonal, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Significant demonstrated knowledge of and experience in a heavy industrial-type/military maintenance environment.
- History of success including work performance, schooling, promotion paths, and ability to excel against your peers.
- Ability to share skills to help others develop, excellent communication skills, and commitment to providing a high level of detail, pride, and safety towards system and equipment maintenance work, projects, and programs.