About the Opportunity:
Plan and perform mechanical tasks necessary to install, maintain and repair a wide variety of plant equipment and systems required to support manufacturing or facility requirements. Tasks associated with position may require creative independent action and decision-making skills, the ability to resolve technical issues that create service interruptions and the ability to develop or design new techniques and methods that improve customer service.
What you’ll do:
- Perform complex tasks across a wide range of facilities functions such as: rigging, plumbing, electrical or electronics repair, communications systems, machine repair, hydraulics, pneumatics, refrigeration systems, facilities planning and small hand or automatic tool repair
- Capable of reading and interpreting detailed electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and piping blueprints, schematics or specification
- As assigned coordinate cost estimate and purchase of components and supplies required to complete assigned tasks
- Displays self-motivation in completing assigned work efficiently and effectively. Works to promote and/or lead a team environment within guidelines established by supervision.
- Will be required to participate in training to obtain and maintain licenses, operator permits and certifications as identified by supervision
- Provides leadership and direction with emphasis on team building.
- 3 plus years work experience in industrial maintenance.
- A high school diploma or GED is required. An Associate's Degree or equivalent coursework in Industrial Maintenance Technology or Industrial Electronic Technology is highly desired.
- A strong base of knowledge that will include training and/or work experience with advanced math, electronics and electrical theory; including AC - DC and solid state theory is highly desired.
- The ability to read and interpreting detailed electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and piping blueprints, schematics or specifications.
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the world’s leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries.
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 55 manufacturing locations in 14 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.