The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the overall maintenance of the apartment complex including the co working knowledge of HVAC systems, electrical, plumbing and basic carpentry. Must be able to complete assigned work orders and the make ready process on vacant apartments. Must be able to work a rotation schedule for 24 hour emergency calls and have the ability to follow oral and written instructions and maintain cooperative relationships with other staff and residents. HVAC and EPA certification preferred and a valid unrestricted driver’s license required.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Strong customer focus and the desire to provide a high level of service.
- Ability to stand, lift, bend, and stoop for extended periods of time.
- Experience with plumbing and electrical.
- General painting experience.
- Available to be on-call, 24 hours a day if needed.
- Physical strength capable of lifting 30 lbs.
- Ability to read and comprehend labels and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate with residents, staff, and supervisor.
- General experience in the grounds maintenance as required.
Qualifications and Skills
- HVAC certification preferred.
- EPA Certification preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Valid drivers' license required and operational, insured vehicle.
- Must have at least one year work experience as maintenance technician.