Ready for an exciting change? Lakes of Carmel Apartments in beautiful Carmel Indiana is looking for a new team member. We are willing to train a candidate with a proven work history. Pay will range from $17-$21 per hour based on experience.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance activities in an apartment community. The position requires strong organizational ability and excellent technical skills.
Employer match 401K
Health Insurance including dental, vision, and medical
2 Weeks Paid Vacation
52 Hours Available Sick Time
Included in Quarterly Renewal Bonus
Fun Work Environment
Education Reimbursement Program
Paid Education and Training
Employee Appreciation Functions
Apartment Discount available after 60 days
Qualifications and Experience Desired
- High School Diploma (required);
- Above average verbal and writing skills.
- Minimum of one year experience in property maintenance or general construction.
- Working knowledge of carpentry, plumbing repairs, electrical repairs, HVAC, appliance repairs, and lock replacement and repairs.
- Possess licenses or certificates associated with professional or regulatory organizations (FMA, HVAC Certificate, EPA certification etc.) or otherwise qualified to obtain such licenses.
- Ability to climb stairs while pulling an appliance dolly.
- Able to easily ascend and descend a ladder.
- Ability to lift/carry 85 lbs.
- Ability to utilize a variety of tools to perform maintenance.
- Ability to push a snow blower.
- Ability to shovel snow and place ice melt on sidewalks.
- Ability to provide “on-call” service.
- Maintain and apply proficiency in maintenance trades, including: HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Painting, Appliance Repair, Carpentry, Landscaping, and Pool Operation.
- Be capable of performing typical independent assignments such as: completing resident work orders, grounds clean up, make ready of apartments, and pool maintenance.
- Snow Removal
- Respond to emergency situations when on duty or when scheduled to be on-call.