- Primary responsibility is to provide efficient and timely maintenance in an industrial workplace. Repair of complex workplace equipment and building systems requiring skills in HVAC, mechanical maintenance, plumbing/pipe fitting, all phases of electrical, and the daily operations/upkeep of the multi-building complex
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews assigned work orders. Estimates time and materials needed to complete repair. Orders necessary materials and supplies to complete all tasks.
- Strives to work and maintain a safe work environment – knowledge of PPE and safety devices.
- Provides technical assistance to employees as needed.
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service, abiding by the Lock Out/Tag Out requirements.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Performs mechanical repairs including but not limited to mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Good overall knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, electrical, tiling, sheetrock, and painting
- Performs assigned repairs, emergency and preventive maintenance. Completes maintenance and repair records as required.
- Keeps abreast of new equipment and tools available and recommends purchases.
- Must be a quick thinker and the ability to be able to examine a problem situation and come up with a resolution in a prompt and professional manner.
- Knowledge of basic faucet/toilet and sewer repairs as well as making cast iron and copper pipe repairs.
- Knowledge of air compressors, dryers and airline supply systems
- Assignments will include landscaping, snow removal, remodeling, HVAC, plumbing and cleaning.
- Knowledge of aging requirements such as hand rails, grab bars, ADA accessible bathrooms, doorways.
- Monitors the location and care of shop tools.
- Follows up on parts department orders to ensure parts availability.
- Maintains an energy management program to ensure measures are taken to operate all systems in the most efficient manner to keep operating costs at a minimum.
- Maintains the building lighting system, including element and ballast repairs or replacements.
- Performs welding, carpentry, furniture assembly and locksmith tasks as needed.
- Performs electrical maintenance and repair of fixtures, ceiling fans, FGCIs, outlets, switches, exterior lights, dinners, service upgrades, breaker panel replacement and troubleshooting.
- Provides maintenance and repairs of plumbing, faucets, sinks, toilets, showers, garbage disposals, shut off valves, ice makers, supply lines, drains, leaks, troubleshooting.
- Repairs flooring, tiling and countertops, from hardwood and vinyl to ceramic and granite.
- Exterior projects will include fencing, gutters, siding, painting, lighting and snow removal.
- Performs painting and staining, interior and exterior.
- Responds quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed.
- Attends factory-sponsored training classes.
- Quality-checks completed jobs.
- Must refer to MSDS when using any chemicals, substances and materials, understanding the MSDS information, and abiding by MSDS required personal protective equipment.
- Understands and follows federal, state and local regulations such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes.
- Insures the disposal of used oil, grease in the assigned location to insure EPA compliance.
- Must work with and for all departments in harmony.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Licensed plumber and/or HVAC Certification a plus. Multi-skilled electrician a plus. Carpentry and mechanical aptitude required. Computer skills a plus. Employee must obtain an appropriate Custom Truck Fork Truck license before operating a fork truck. Must have a standard set of tools to perform any of the above trades.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must have a minimum of two years demonstrated skills in plumbing, electrical, HVAC, mechanical and carpentry. Utilizing advanced skills to perform complex preventive maintenance and corrective repair of building, industrial systems, equipment and grounds. Working under limited supervision, monitors building system operations and performance, utilizing trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, HVAC.
- Ethical conduct
- Problem solving/analysis
Ability to calculate figures and amounts and to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to read and interpret documents; ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Must also possess the ability to speak effectively with employees of organization.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
High mechanical skills. Highly detail oriented and organized in work. Acceptable written and oral communication skills. Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with a customer service focus with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving and results. Must have initiative and the ability act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives. Must possess a strong desire to learn.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to walk; to climb stairs and ladders, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, walk, bend, kneel, stoop, crouch, craw and climb. The employee is regularly required to move about the facility. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. The employee is required to seek assistance in the lifting of more than 100 pounds or use a crane or hoists. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather conditions, moving mechanical parts, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
- Employee Events
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Free Food and Coffee
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Merchandise Discounts