Magna Exteriors, an operating group of Magna International Inc., is a full-service global supplier of automotive exterior systems. We design, engineer and manufacture bumper fascia systems; exterior trim; modular systems; class A body panels; structural components; and under hood and underbody components for automotive, commercial truck, consumer, and industrial markets.
This position is for DexSys, a division of Magna Exteriors, located in Lansing, Michigan. DexSys manufactures plastic injected, molded bumpers to the automotive industry.
This position reports directly to the Maintenance Manager and is responsible for the general and specific job duties of DexSys listed below, but are not limited to:
- Exhibit teamwork skills and actively participate in team activities in a positive working environment.
- To perform daily cross-functional job assignments in all areas of your assigned department per the established procedures and work guidance.
- Meet or exceed daily maintenance goals as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor and the departmental objectives.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed in accordance with Company Policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Troubleshoot, repair or replace all components of DexSys equipment. This includes, but is not limited to all electrical equipment, hydraulics, mechanical, piping, pumps, and pneumatics in the Molding, Paint, and Assembly Department.
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance on all equipment by repairing and replacing parts as necessary.
- Use required hand tools to perform repairs, predictive and preventative maintenance.
- Read parts breakdown and machine schematics.
- Fabricate equipment as required.
Knowledge and Education
- Associate's Degree in technical field preferred or relevant work experience may be substituted in lieu of degree. Work experience combined with current schooling towards degree will be considered.
- Experience with machine fabrication, welding, electrical repairs and machine repairs in the automotive industry
- Previous manufacturing experience preferred.
· This position requires a person to have the ability to perform work while standing or walking a minimum of eight (8) hours a day, the ability to lift up to 20 pounds on a frequent basis and up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis, and the ability to perform work that is below the knees and above the shoulders on an occasional basis. Ability to climb stairs is necessary and ability to wear a respirator if necessary. Good vision at a close distance is required.