Strom Engineering of Minnesota has an exciting new opening for a Maintenance Technician with a great company located in the Twin Cities, MN.
* Perform routine preventative maintenance, trouble-shoot electrical and mechanical issues.
* Communicate with technical resources internally and externally on production machinery and equipment.
* Perform preventative machine maintenance / repair.
* Communicate/consult with outside resources to diagnose/trouble-shoot machine repairs, when necessary.
* Additional maintenance duties to include minor and/or major repairs on equipment, machines and facilities.
* Identify and coordinate maintenance schedules and maintain machine maintenance records.
* Assist Safety Committee with safety recommendations, changes and/or repairs.
* Purchase and coordinate timely delivery of replacement parts and other maintenance supplies.
* Education: High School Diploma required. Associate degree in related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience—2 years minimum.
* Strong mechanical background / aptitude
* Experience with electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic maintenance functions
* Ability to read mechanical drawings
* Ability to prioritize work and multi-task
* Ability to deal tactfully with individuals in and out of the organization
* Work with little supervision in a “hands on” manufacturing environment
* Basic computer skills
* Must be a US Citizen or have a Permanent Resident Green Card
* No relocation expense coverage provided