Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Maintenance Technician positions with a leading producer of camshafts for the automotive and military industries. Our client is a subsidiary of one of the world’s best-known multi-industry companies that makes products and systems that are used every day by the men and women of the military to complete their missions effectively and safely.
Our client recognizes the talent and experience that veterans bring to the table which is why they are committed to help employ military veterans. To show their support towards our military, they have joined the Veteran Jobs Mission coalition whose mission is to hire one million military veterans.
As a Maintenance Electrician, you will be responsible for the maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of electrical systems for all plant production and facilities equipment, including Induction Furnaces, Mold units, Hydraulic Systems, Shot-Blasting Equipment and all other associated production equipment. Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Repair/rebuild electric motors (except rewinding stators and armatures).
- Repair of Electric Overhead cranes and Hoists (Electrical and Mechanical, except welding).
- Clean and perform minor repair of Sub Stations Feeder Circuits and Breakers.
- Repair of high voltage and voltage controls up to 2700 volts.
- Read electrical schematics and diagrams.
As a Machine Repair Technician, you will perform mechanical maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of production equipment, including pneumatic and hydraulic pumps, cylinders and valves; air compressors; wells, water pumps and emissions systems; and ACS units. You must be able to read and interpret mechanical blueprints and schematics, and on occasion you will be responsible for pipefitting activities.
Location: Muskegon, MI
Shifts: 2nd shift (3:30p - midnight M-F) and 3rd shift (11:30p – 8:00a M-F)
Compensation: Target base salary $26.05/hr plus overtime. Realistic 1st year W-2 of $65K - $70K+
Benefits: As a large conglomerate, our client is able to offer employees of all of its subsidiary companies an exceptional corporate benefits package to include comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision coverage; various short- and long-term disability options; life insurance; 401k and other retirement plans; educational assistance; etc.
- At least 6+ years of hands-on technical experience.
- Experience with Allen Bradley Rockwell Software (RS Logix 5, RS Logix 500, and RS Linx), PLC-5 and SLC500 hardware preferred.