Location: Pompano Beach, FL, US
Ferrovial Services North America is a leading company providing Oil & Gas and Infrastructure solutions across the United States and Canada. Its portfolio includes 35 outstanding contracts, such as Port Miami Tunnel and maintenance of the Chevron refineries in California. With more than 1,500 employees and a presence in 14 states, Ferrovial Services North America, generates true value and growth for its clients while maintaining a strong commitment to safety and social responsibility.
Currently, Broadspectrum North America is rebranding to Ferrovial Services North America; both names may be visible during our rebranding process.
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Reports to: Maintenance Superintendents, Zone Superintendent and/or Project Manager
Responsible for maintenance, servicing and repairs of roads and other infrastructure assets. This individual will be responsible for maintaining contracted assets (roadways, medians, signs, guardrails, fences, bridges, tunnels, vegetation, etc.) per standards in the contract and as directed by supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Primary Responsibilities and Key Deliverables
- Creates safe Maintenance of Traffic (M.O.T) control by setup and removal of traffic control devices including cones, message/arrow boards, temporary signage, etc.
- Must be comfortable working from heights, as necessary, in bucket trucks, scaffolding, ladders and aerial platforms lifts.
- Basic maintenance and repair of roads (i.e. interstates, highways, bridges), structures, potholes, striping, adding or replacing reflectors.
- Maintains clean appearance of highways and medians through litter and debris removal and disposal (may use litter claw or other device).
- Controls vegetation appearance and growth through use of lawn mowing equipment, hand or power trimmers, and chemical sprayers and other methods.
- Maintains the appearance and functionality of signs, guardrails, fence, and lighting through repair and/or replacement using hand or power tools.
- Keep roadways free of debris including ice and snow by using snow removal and/or sanding equipment. (if applicable to weather)
- Repairs/maintains functionality of roadway catch basins, equipment room sumps and pumps, fire hydrants and other mechanical assets through use of shovels and other hand or power tools and equipment.
- Repairs/maintains basic tunnel electrical systems including emergency telephones, CCTV systems, electronic traffic signs, call boxes, lane signals, roads and equipment lighting.
- Transports crew and equipment to work sites operating vehicle large trucks and specialized motor vehicles and trailers.
- Required to be available for emergency response rotations as need for overtime, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Avoids legal challenges by complying with federal, state, and local legal requirements, i.e. DOT (Department of Transportation)
- Positively contribute to a diverse, inclusive and fair work environment, free from discrimination, bullying and harassment.
- Carry out all duties in line with Company policies and procedures as amended from time to time.
- Should be able to demonstrate knowledge of horizontal infrastructure maintenance (i.e. roads, tunnels, bridges, toll roads)
- Must practice safe work methods to remain accident and injury free.
- You must have the ability to recognize hazards inherent in routine and non-routine tasks and make adjustments to avoid loss, injury or accident.
- Will be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) appropriate to your job.
- Should also possess the ability to cooperate and communicate with co-workers and supervisor.
- Able to perform basic math functions (add, subtract, multiply divide, calculate proportions, percentages, measurements).
- Must also be able to understand instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- HS Diploma or GED (Required)
One (1) year work experience in infrastructure, maintenance, and road repair. (Preferred)
CDL, DOT certifications, Electrical and Welding Certifications (Highly Desirable)
A valid driver license and a good driving record are required to drive a company vehicle.
- An ability to work flexibly and willingness to work extensively to meet business needs
- Attention to detail, particularly safety, environment and surroundings
- Takes ownership of responsibilities and integrity in decisions / conduct
- The employee is regularly required to stand; sit; walk on a wide range of surfaces; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and/or arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted.
- Employee will use manual and powered pneumatic, hydraulic, gas, and electric powered tools and equipment.
- Vision abilities include both close and distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is routinely exposed to outside weather conditions including extreme heat and cold.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fume or airborne particles. Occasional exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Should a review of your background indicate a potential match to our job, our team will reach out
Nearest Major Market: Fort Lauderdale
Nearest Secondary Market: Miami
Job Segment: Hydraulics, Maintenance, Technician, Gas, Gas Technician, Engineering, Manufacturing, Technology, Energy