Job Opening: Maintenance Technician
Shift: S2: Wednesday–Saturday 2:30 pm – 1 am (4 - ten-hour shifts, occasional additional day(s) and overtime expected to support business needs)
Starting Pay Range: $18.60 - $32.00
Shift Differential: An additional 0.50 cents per hour on top of base hourly wage while working a swing shift.
Leatherman Tool Group, Inc. is seeking a Maintenance Technician for our world headquarters located in Portland, Oregon. Leatherman is the world leader in the design and manufacturer of innovative, high quality, compact, multi-purpose tools. We employ over 500 Team Members in our 90,000 square feet facility. Visit our website at: www.leatherman.com
The successful candidate for the Maintenance Technician will maintain, troubleshoot and repair manufacturing and related equipment as well as building systems to maintain safe and fully functional equipment.
The ideal candidate must be able to:
- Troubleshoot problems to affect complex repairs by referring to equipment manuals and following repair procedures, so equipment can be operational with a minimum of down time.
- Process the necessary paperwork involved in daily work such as preventative maintenance work orders, purchase requisitions and other documents specific to work area.
- Perform preventive maintenance work on the most complex equipment and situations to ensure minimal down time of manufacturing equipment so production targets are achieved. Maintenance can include cleaning and lubricating shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery, using rags, brushes, and grease gun. Inspect and test machinery and equipment.
- Dismantle defective machines and equipment and install new or repaired parts, following manufactures specifications and blueprints, using precision measuring instruments and hand tools.
- Assemble, install and program mechanical, electro-mechanical and automated machinery and systems such as production machinery / tools, storage racks, and robots.
- Set up and operate machine tool equipment in the maintenance area as well as basic operation of most production equipment such as drill presses, vertical mills, band saws, cut off saws, engine lathes, gas, arc, mig, and tig welding equipment as may be necessary to fabricate, repair and/or duplicate parts required to maintain and repair equipment.
- Layout, assemble, install, and maintain pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment Provide work leadership to lower level Maintenance Technicians. May participate in a task force to improve company procedures or operation.
- Use of hand tools weighing up to 15 pounds including hand power tools. This equipment will include but not be limited to drills, saws, grinders, and threading equipment.
- Must have knowledge and awareness to comply with all standard OSHA and State safety regulations and policies, RE: Lock Out Tag procedures for all types of equipment, proper handling of solvents and chemicals according to MSDS sheets, vision, hearing and respiratory protection, and proper lifting techniques as may be required within the scope of the job at hand.
- Repair and maintain physical structure of establishment.
- May perform non-certified welding, non-certified electrical repair and skilled machining operations incidental to repair and maintenance tasks.
- Clean equipment, tools, etc. and surrounding area between jobs.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Associates degree in a technical field or equivalent experience preferred. Certification as Limited Maintenance Electrician preferred.
- Five years maintenance experience required.
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulics with ability to take voltage, amperage, OHM, pressure and/or flow reading in accordance with ladder and schematic diagrams and determine values. Electrical/electronic knowledge/skill include but not limited to controls, magnetic starters, rotary switches, relays, solenoids, brakes, input/output devices for PLC’s, CNC and standard electrical wiring principles for AC (up to 480v. three phase) and DC. Knowledge of linear and rotary drives including but not limited to ball screws, right angle, gear reducers, variable speed, rack and pinion, belt and chain, and hydraulic and pneumatic.
- Ability to be certified to operate forklifts, scissors lift, overhead cranes and hoists to assist in material and personnel movement required.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions/Physical Hazards: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continually required to stand; walk; balance; crouch, stoop, twist, kneel, use hands to finger, handle, grasp, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, some overhead’ push/pull an average of 50 lbs. (maximum 125 lbs.) . The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 25 lbs.; climb; twist, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. Employee will occasionally operate forklift and various lifts/hoists. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a production environment with regular exposure to noise, liquid grinding coolant mist and vapor, dust and lubricants managed through an exhaust system. Work area is well lit and air-conditioned.
To Apply: At Leatherman, we are also interested in how you think, behave and integrate. With this in mind, please give extra consideration and time to each question when you apply thru our online applicant module. You will want to allow yourself 20-30 minutes; we do consider this a key part of our selection process. Please attach a resume and watch your email for upcoming communication(s) and information.
Excellent Benefit Package: Competitive Compensation, Bonus Plan, 401k Employer Match up to 5%, Onsite Health Clinic, Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Award Winning Wellness Program, PTO, 10 Paid Holidays, On Premise Gym, Opportunities for Career Advancement and Personal Growth with Educational Reimbursement Program, Employee Assistance Program and Employee Discount on Products. Come be part of the Leatherman Team. Leave nothing undone . . . . Including your career!
Core Values: We thrill our consumers with quality, products, and service; We care about each other’s well-being; We share ideas, challenge each other and do the right thing; We respect each other, show humility and grow from our failures; We foster the development of individuals to reach their greatest potential
Pre-employment background check, drug screening for illegal substances only, is required. Equal Opportunity Employer.