Seymour Staffing has a direct hire job opportunity for a MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN with a manufacturing company located in STERLING, VA.
Seymour Staffing is seeking a Maintenance Technician to join the team at our client’s manufacturing facility in Sterling, VA. Successful applicants will have experience providing equipment care to highly automated manufacturing equipment. Must possess a variety of manufacturing experience and a working knowledge of operating computer-controlled manufacturing equipment. The ideal candidate would possess previous experiences/expertise in manufacturing process areas such as mechanical systems, electrical systems, hydraulic presses, pneumatic systems, industrial controls, and general manufacturing equipment. FOOD PRODUCTION EXPERIENCE REQUIRED WITH KNOWLEDGE OF MULTIVAC EQUIPMENT.
Minimum of 3 years of experience as an engineer or maintenance manager or equivalent.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Follows company standards and safety regulations, identifies unsafe conditions, and makes corrections when appropriate
- FOOD PRODUCTION EXPERIENCE REQUIRED WITH KNOWLEDGE OF MULTIVAC EQUIPMENT
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as an engineer or maintenance manager or equivalent
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance
- Technical understanding
- Applies technical zeal
- Deals well with uncertainty
- Knowledge of basic safety
- Knowledge of power tools
- Pays attention to detail
- Demonstrates flexibility
- Possesses supervision skills
- Possesses in depth job knowledge
- Maintains productivity
Send Resume to:
Seymour Staffing Mission Statement:
A company is only as good as its people. It is important to remember as the company grows, its greatest asset should grow and benefit as well. When a company has a truly great employee, that employee carries deep institutional value and knowledge that simply cannot be replaced. At the end of the day, it's not the product, service or technology that makes your company succeed, it will be great people helping your company to not only succeed, but to flourish. Seymour Staffing constantly strives for excellence by working hard to achieve our goals and encourage our staff to be honest and to honor their commitments. We believe that integrity and hard work will help us meet our commitments to our clients.
Seymour Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.