Job ID: 139540
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
We are seeking a safety conscious, energetic, self-motivated, team-oriented individual to work as a Maintenance Technician. As an Oldcastle Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for work assigned to the Maintenance Department. The primary duties are to maintain and repair plant production equipment and facilities as directed while adhering to all rules and regulations mandated by safety policies and procedures. The ideal candidate will have thorough knowledge and experience with pneumatic, hydraulic, and electronic/mechanical systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform a variety of plant maintenance, repair, and installation operations
- Electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment
- Assemble, install, test operate, and inspect machines and equipment for conformance with operational standards
- Maintain and complete required maintenance/inventory records of all repairs and materials.
- Plan and implement a schedule of routine and preventative maintenance procedures assigned
- Coordinate maintenance services to be provided by outside vendors, including warranties and service contracts
- Schedules repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment to ensure continuous production operations
- Coordinates with supervisors and departments to ensure optimal use of resources and time
- Regular and predictable attendance, the ability to safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in a maintenance capacity
- Formal training in various mechanical and/or electrical trades
- Ability to interpret specifications, blueprints and job orders
- Strong knowledge of safety and industrial hygiene
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical, electric and other types of malfunctions of machinery and equipment.
- Good organizational skills
- This position requires that objects such as motors, pumps, welding equipment, etc. be moved from one position/location to another in an effort to maintain production equipment throughout the plant
- Muscular and cardiovascular endurance are required, along with upper and lower body manipulation functions in order to perform functions required to maintain machinery such as bending, twisting, and reaching motions
- Tight gripping, cupping, clamping hand and wrist motions are required to support, carry, and maneuver up to 75 lbs. of objects/glass to platform heights of 3 feet in a manner considered safe for self and others
- Standing on a concrete floor, working under floor lighting, wearing steel-toed boots
- Must be able to hear commands in a noisy atmosphere
- Maintenance experience in a glass manufacturing facility
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Working knowledge of the AS400
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Only online applications will be accepted
- When applying, please provide full employment history
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer (labor, laborer)
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.