Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
1. Greet patients, identifies self and interacts with patients to gain trust and insure patient support
2. Explains procedures/exams to the patient
3. Prepares patients for procedures according to section protocols
4. Performs procedures/exams consistent with section protocols
5. Monitors the patient’s status, tolerance and well being throughout and after the study
6. Verifies patient identity and insures preparations for exam
7. Aids radiologists, physicians and other UPHS staff members in completing procedures according to established protocol
8. Responds to emergency situations according to department policies
Education equivalent to the completion of high school. Competition of an AMA approved Radiologic Technology program with registry by the ARRT required. Mammography certification within 6 months required or provided documentation of mandatory pre-education per MQSA . Previous mammography experience is preferred.
Possible overtime as necessary. Hours of work and days worked may be adjusted to meet the operational needs of the office. May be asked to work in another office as needed, Monday thru Saturday.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.