Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Other Protected Category
Country: United States
Location: Vancouver, WA, US
Location details: N/A
Employment type: Undefined term
Country: United States (US)
Location: Vancouver, Washington (US-WA)
At Konecranes, we believe that great customer experience is built on the people behind the Konecranes name - people committed to providing our customers with lifting equipment and services that lift their businesses. Everything we do, we do with passion and drive. This is what makes Konecranes a unique place to work.
POSITION TITLE: MANAGEMENT DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM (MDP)
REPORTS TO: BRANCH MANAGER
The MDP program is offered to new college graduates or selected individuals with a few years of work experience after college. The essence of this program is to provide a variety of work related experiences/roles in our service business with the intent to prepare those selected for future leadership positions. The typical methodology is to have the MDP working in the field with our technicians to better understand our products and services while also spending time understanding how the various roles in the branch work (12-18 months). The next step in the MDP process is to perform a specific position usually as a Service Supervisor or New Business Development (Sales Role). Both of these roles are professional positions in our service business and have key learning and expectations with them (approximately 24+ months). A rotation (job switch) is then performed to ensure the MDP has both operational (Service Supervisor) and sales experiences (New Business Development) in their program. Based upon their experience and performance, further advanced positions may be offered working toward a Branch Manager Role (operating several million dollar business).
• Assist the Service Department with the identification of required repair parts. Procure required materials, parts, equipment and subcontract labor for work assignments. Process related paperwork upon completion of work assignments and within the accounting month that the work was performed. Process purchase orders through the system using established guidelines.
• Assist the Service Department in the review of service job performance to ensure quotations accurately reflect labor hours, travel costs, rental costs, procured items, etc. Analyze and report to management any significant deviations from original job plans or scope of work changes.
• Perform service work in the field working with the assigned technician or inspector.
• Assist in the tracking and follow up for leads brought in by field operatives (technicians and inspectors). Take appropriate action to ensure leads are quoted in a timely fashion or forward leads to other designated resources, for estimation and quotation, if required.
• Assist in the monitoring and coordination for maintenance of company equipment and assets to ensure they are in proper condition and good working order.
• Assist the Service Supervisor or Service Manager for invoicing weekly to meet company standards and continuously maintain the open orders report ensuring that the open orders report reflects the current status of active service work.
• Responsible for all miscellaneous activities within the branch such as shipping/receiving, shop cleanliness, walk-ins for parts, equipment/building maintenance, answering phones.
• Special projects as assigned by Branch or District Management.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree required.
EXPERIENCE: Previous experience in a business environment valued.
REQUIREMENTS: Must have and maintain a good driving record, including a valid driver's license. Must be customer-oriented, have well-developed interpersonal, communication and PC skills and be able to prioritize tasks.
#monus #cbus #nxt
Konecranes is a world-leading group of Lifting Businesses™, serving a broad range of customers. We are truly a global company with 17,000 employees at 600 locations in 50 countries. For over 80 years, we have been dedicated to improving the efficiency and performance of businesses in all types of industries. We believe that sustainable growth is a result of a strong responsible performance.
- Donation-Matching Program
- Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Stock Options
- Tuition Reimbursement