TTCI is seeking a capable, highly motivated and experienced Manager for the Mechanical Maintenance group. As the leader of TTCI’s Rail Vehicle Maintenance shop, this individual will be responsible for inspection and maintenance of TTCI, FRA and customer owned locomotives and rolling stock. This individual will manage a staff of locomotive and railcar maintenance personnel, machine/weld shop personnel, and motor pool staff. He or she will manage maintenance budgets for each area, be responsible for having rail stock available for testing needs, provide and work within test program labor/material/funding budgets. This position will report to the Director Operations and On-Site Programs.
Located near the foot of the beautiful Rocky Mountain Front Range, TTCI is home to world-renowned experts in all facets of railway technology. With 48 square miles of test track and unique laboratories, TTCI's unrivaled capabilities are leading the way to a safer future for America's railroads. Our mission is to provide highly effective and efficient railway research, testing, training, and technical support – and our people are at the heart of that mission. Every day, our team works together in a culture of respect, integrity, and family spirit to improve the future of rail. Join us!
Given direction from Director Operations and On-Site Programs, Engineering and Facilities program managers, he or she will have responsibility for rail equipment health for operations and testing:
- Responsible for inspections and maintenance of all locomotive, rolling stock, and special purpose railroad vehicles used in test programs to ensure that they are in a reliable, safe, operating condition
- Oversight of inspections for locomotive and railcars brought into TTC and returned for interchange with owning/operating railroads
- Maintaining maintenance records for equipment health and inspection status
- Manage personnel in the Rail Vehicle Maintenance (RVM), Machine Weld Shop (MWS) and motor pool maintenance areas
- Keep RVM/MWS/Motor Pool, facilities/equipment in a state of readiness for various test/support requirements
- Be a key resource for TTCI’s safety culture for all employees and personnel under direct supervision
- Assist site Director of Operations and other management in the long term planning/forecasting for staffing levels and capital acquisitions
- Identify and direct training for employees working in RVM/MWS/Motor Pool
- Significant knowledge and experience with both locomotive and railcar maintenance and operating requirements
- Knowledge in the field of all rail equipment maintenance, machine/weld shop, electrical system, hydraulic systems, highway vehicles
- Knowledge and experience with application of FRA regulations with regard to rolling stock and AAR office and field manuals
- Knowledge and understanding of proper equipment jacking procedures, various types of crane operations, in-track wheel lathe operations and underfloor drop table systems
- Demonstrated ability to safely re-rail and repair damage rail vehicles and comprehend associated challenges working around/under electrical infrastructure
- Demonstrated ability to be highly self-motivated, reliable, and collaborative
- Ability to clearly and effectively create and communicate technical information to a variety of audiences (management, test engineering, etc.)
- Capable of performing inspections on rail equipment as will be done by direct reports
- Capable of operating specialty and heavy equipment (cranes, forklifts, truck/trailer) as required for rail car/locomotive maintenance
TTCI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin gender identity, genetic information, sexual orientation, disability, or protected Veteran status.